The Student Room Group

Would you like to receive monthly boxes from your friend?

My best friend is going to university in a few weeks and I am thinking about sending her little packages every month :smile: I am thinking of including things like DVD's of movies that we watched at the cinema together (we go most Wednesdays), sweets, a hot water bottle, chocolate, slippers, ear muffs etc.
I am also going to put together a box for when she leaves with a scrapbook I'm making as well as things she will need such as, lockets/halls, bobbles and hot chocolate. I'm going to put some party poppers, sweets and a note in there too :biggrin: I'm going to include a handwritten note/letter in all my boxes :P

Would you like to receive something like this if it was your first year at uni??
Reply 1
It's a cute idea. One of the girls I lived with used to get "care packages" from her mum filled with stuff like that :biggrin: I think it cheered her up a bit (and made her homesick at the same time)
It's a nice idea to send something every once in a while :smile:

Whilst I'm away my mum can't resist sending me stuff. I get a package of chocolate and things for my room or whatever she's found every few weeks, which I've loved and it definitely helped cheer me up a few times!
Honestly it's going to depend on the person, some will love it but for others it will make them homesick and it's difficult to predict which one a person will be. I'd say if you'll visit each other often then go for it, although I'd normally advise trying not to visit home during the first term as it doesn't help with settling in.
I think that's a really sweet idea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LillyLisaa
My best friend is going to university in a few weeks and I am thinking about sending her little packages every month :smile: I am thinking of including things like DVD's of movies that we watched at the cinema together (we go most Wednesdays), sweets, a hot water bottle, chocolate, slippers, ear muffs etc.
I am also going to put together a box for when she leaves with a scrapbook I'm making as well as things she will need such as, lockets/halls, bobbles and hot chocolate. I'm going to put some party poppers, sweets and a note in there too :biggrin: I'm going to include a handwritten note/letter in all my boxes :P

Would you like to receive something like this if it was your first year at uni??

it's a nice idea really it is and by all means do the farewell box but sending what you described every month seems a bit much sending the occasional box with sweets and things would be fine I'm sure but not every month I sure even an email asking what she's up to and telling her what's going on in your world would be fine.

You don't want to come over as clingy you see.
Reply 6
Original post by LillyLisaa

Can we be fwends? *puppy eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Helloworld_95
Honestly it's going to depend on the person, some will love it but for others it will make them homesick and it's difficult to predict which one a person will be. I'd say if you'll visit each other often then go for it, although I'd normally advise trying not to visit home during the first term as it doesn't help with settling in.

She's not going that far away but we've always lived close to each other (in the same town) since she moved here in about year 4 when we became friends :smile: she hasn't actually quit her job here yet (she promotes a night club so I think she can work the shifts to suit her a bit) and says she will come back every weekend or I can go stay there. She might do this for a few weeks or something but I don't think she will keep this up EVERY weekend because well, she will be a student and will probably get lazy and only come here every few weeks or something. Plus, I will be in college and that means that even if she does keep coming back I won't always be able to see her as I'll have college stuff to do sometimes.

We will text and skype and stuff as well but I just think it will be really nice for her to be able to open these little packages and see memories and other things to show her that I'll always be there for her when she is drunk/ill/sad/stressed etc.
Reply 8
Original post by Bedo
Can we be fwends? *puppy eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending