The Student Room Group

PAT - November 6th 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackNorman
All I remember is in my answer I had ln something - ln something, I think one of them as 8, forgot to simplify. I did it without knowledge of partial fractions though so I probably got it wrong

Was the first one infinity?
Original post by AkashdeepDeb

First what?

I do remember getting in it somewhere actually but then I think I sorted it out. Maybe it was and what I thought sorted it out was wrong.:confused:
I do remember getting in it somewhere actually but then I think I sorted it out. Maybe it was and what I thought sorted it out was wrong.:confused:

Considering the university is Oxford, and the question was an integration question, it's highly improbable for infiniti to be an answer. :P I think I made a mistake over there.

<PUN> I think the answer is undefined. </PUN>

:wink:
Considering the university is Oxford, and the question was an integration question, it's highly improbable for infiniti to be an answer. :P I think I made a mistake over there.

<PUN> I think the answer is undefined. </PUN>

:wink:

Did y mean the first integration question? If you did I think I got ln1
Does anyone think the fore supplied by the motor is (1000/3)? Because I think there are 3 strings between those two pulleys. What do you think?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vincent Song
Does anyone think the fore supplied by the motor is (1000/3)? Because I think there are 3 strings between those two pullies. What do you think?

I don't know much about pulleys, really wish I'd looked over them more before the test now, but three sections of vertical rope doesn't always mean a mechanical advantage of 3, it depends how it's set up. Not saying you're wrong though haha.
Did y mean the first integration question? If you did I think I got ln1

I don't remember the question. And I think I made a big mistake there. :frown:
I don't remember the question. And I think I made a big mistake there. :frown:

Think I got that but I reckon overall I got like 50-60 max, so you've probably done a lot better than me overall. It's only one question don't worry if you're happy with how the rest went
Think I got that but I reckon overall I got like 50-60 max, so you've probably done a lot better than me overall. It's only one question don't worry if you're happy with how the rest went

Very unpredictable. I couldn't finish the last question. Got 2 MCQs wrong. Why were there only 3 this time? Usually, there are 10 right?
Must've screwed up in some physics question, for sure.
:/

I guess twenty more days to find out how I actually did. :P
Very unpredictable. I couldn't finish the last question. Got 2 MCQs wrong. Why were there only 3 this time? Usually, there are 10 right?
Must've screwed up in some physics question, for sure.
:/

I guess twenty more days to find out how I actually did. :P

Not necessarily 10 but they have always been worth 10 marks in the past, last year there were 5 2 markers. I think I got all of those though. I think I got the resistor question which I seem to remember being worth a lot more marks than usual, like 7 I think. I think I got the electrostatic potential energy question. And I probably got a total of about 4 marks on the big 2 at the end 😞
Original post by Vincent Song
Does anyone think the fore supplied by the motor is (1000/3)? Because I think there are 3 strings between those two pulleys. What do you think?

I wrote down 333N - but not so sure. There were three ropes but it looked so odd
does anyone know when we find out if we get an interview? hopefully its not too long away! the wait is killing me :frown:
Original post by naivestudent
does anyone know when we find out if we get an interview? hopefully its not too long away! the wait is killing me :frown:

Naïve indeed. :P
Chillout, the interview decisions will be out by 2nd December.
I personally found it quite weird how there was only 6 marks worth of MCQs and none of them required calculation -_- But I guess this means that the cut-off will be towards the lower end of the spectrum, seeing as MCQs are usually relatively easy marks.
Just out of interest, does anyone here have an interview at York for physics this month?
Naïve indeed. :P
Chillout, the interview decisions will be out by 2nd December.

Hence the name :wink: and that aaaages away! hopefully the pass mark is 50 lol
quick question for everyone, in the 'evaluate the area question i sketched the graph and shaded in the appropriate regions with co ordiantes but i thought they were asking for the area in terms of inequalities therfore i just left it at the graph, how many marks will i lose?
Original post by naivestudent
quick question for everyone, in the 'evaluate the area question i sketched the graph and shaded in the appropriate regions with co ordiantes but i thought they were asking for the area in terms of inequalities therfore i just left it at the graph, how many marks will i lose?

How much was it out of?
For your sake, probably, just 2 marks. ;D
How much was it out of?
For your sake, probably, just 2 marks. ;D

think it was 7, so if i only lost 2 marks thats great :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending