The Student Room Group

Should i just study FP1 and FP2 along with my A2 maths

Hi

now i thought it would be stupid at first but now i am seriously thinking about, so serious than i have even done some FP1 questions , my question is it worth it as i am also studying physics and chemistry .

Thankyou
Original post by hasan6091
Hi

now i thought it would be stupid at first but now i am seriously thinking about, so serious than i have even done some FP1 questions , my question is it worth it as i am also studying physics and chemistry .

Thankyou

Are you only going to be studying FP1 and FP2, or are you studying for an entire AS in Further Maths?

Only studying the individual modules doesn't make much sense, but taking an AS in Further Maths alongside your A levels may be a good idea. Are you planning on going to university? If so, what do you want to study?
Reply 2
Original post by LeFailFish
Are you only going to be studying FP1 and FP2, or are you studying for an entire AS in Further Maths?

Only studying the individual modules doesn't make much sense, but taking an AS in Further Maths alongside your A levels may be a good idea. Are you planning on going to university? If so, what do you want to study?

hi firstly thanks for your comment , and yes i would only study fp1 and fp2 why because i plan on going to university to study engineering or physics and having studied fp1 and fp2 i believe will give me an advantage
Original post by hasan6091
hi firstly thanks for your comment , and yes i would only study fp1 and fp2 why because i plan on going to university to study engineering or physics and having studied fp1 and fp2 i believe will give me an advantage

For Physics they would like it if you had Further Maths AS so I would advise taking FP1, FP2, and whichever of S1/D1/M1 you're not taking with A level Maths. Engineering would probably also appreciate this although it may be less important.

You would have more of an advantage if you studied for and took just one more exam, and achieved the entire AS. Just taking the individual modules may give you an advantage after you get in, but would have less of an advantage when applying than an entire AS level!

It's completely your choice, but if you choose to do FP1 and FP2, I would recommend going for the entire AS.

Quick Reply

Latest