The Student Room Group

Revision tips for additional pure (Further maths OCR)

For my A level further maths (OCR A), I do additional pure as a module, however, I cannot find loads of revision material for it online, which is a problem as it is currently one of my weaker ones, and although I am on an A, I would love to bump it up to an A*, because I honestly love the content, I am just bad at exam technique itself, does anybody know where I can find exam/revision materials for this module in particular/OCR further math in general? As I cannot find much.
(edited 11 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Ah ok sorry my bad, didn't know there was a subject specific forum, still pretty new to TSR :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MathsEnjoyer
For my A level further maths (OCR A), I do additional pure as a module, however, I cannot find loads of revision material for it online, which is a problem as it is currently one of my weaker ones, and although I am on an A, I would love to bump it up to an A*, because I honestly love the content, I am just bad at exam technique itself, does anybody know where I can find exam/revision materials for this module in particular/OCR further math in general? As I cannot find much.

Do you use Integral? This is what I have been using to self teach myself the AS course but I believe you either need to have it set up from school or pay for it. The only other thing I could suggest would be to do questions from an exam board such as Edexcel as sadly it doesnt seem like there are many other resources available. Did you sit the AS exam yesterday or are you doing the full A-level?
Reply 4
Original post by Aidantm17
Do you use Integral? This is what I have been using to self teach myself the AS course but I believe you either need to have it set up from school or pay for it. The only other thing I could suggest would be to do questions from an exam board such as Edexcel as sadly it doesnt seem like there are many other resources available. Did you sit the AS exam yesterday or are you doing the full A-level?

I am doing the A level exam so I did not sit it, no. My school does use integral but I have worked pretty far through it, so I was curious about any other alternatives, but if there are not many other resources, then I can just repeat the questions, thanks, I appreciate the advice :smile:
Reply 5
I am doing the A level exam so I did not sit it, no. My school does use integral but I have worked pretty far through it, so I was curious about any other alternatives, but if there are not many other resources, then I can just repeat the questions, thanks, I appreciate the advice :smile:

Ah, okay. The only other thing I could suggest would be watch exam board specific youtibe videos on the topics. TL maths is really good and always goes through practice questions. He has hundreds of videos so if you cant find any other questions you could try watching those and pausing the video to work the questions out for yourself before he goes through it. Thats the only other idea I can think of. Good luck with your A-level, which modules are you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by Aidantm17
Ah, okay. The only other thing I could suggest would be watch exam board specific youtibe videos on the topics. TL maths is really good and always goes through practice questions. He has hundreds of videos so if you cant find any other questions you could try watching those and pausing the video to work the questions out for yourself before he goes through it. Thats the only other idea I can think of. Good luck with your A-level, which modules are you doing?

Cheers, I did not consider that, I always forget about the example Qs, so that should do nicely, thank you so much! :smile: As for modules, I do Additional pure and mechanics. Once again, I really appreciate the advice :smile:
Reply 7

Hi sites like mamas maths (FP1 and FP2 papers) are good as they also have exam examples similar to our spec (I do OCR A too) and https://alevelmathsrevision.com has past papers but also have questions for specific topics i.e, if you want to just work on hyperbolic functions they'd have a worksheet on that. I'd also recommend integral and you tubers like TLmaths and Bicen Maths if it's content ur stuck on. Sites like integral and DFM are also good for checking you're basic knowledge and going through short example questions

Quick Reply

Latest