The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth University Applicants 2015

Hey guys :smile:
Thought I'd post a thread for anyone who like me, is thinking of applying to Plymouth university for September 2015 Entry. Thought we'd perhaps start with some questions:

-What course are you applying for?
-What are you currently studying?
- Why the University of Plymouth?
- Have you attended an open day or visit?

Thought we could use this thread to keep us all up to date on applications and just general news about Plymouth University :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LouieSax
Thought I'd post a thread for anyone who like me, is thinking of applying to Plymouth university for September 2015 Entry. Thought we'd perhaps start with some questions:

Thought we could use this thread to keep us all up to date on applications and just general news about Plymouth University :smile:
hey I'm looking at studying ocean science or geography and ocean science at plymouth
im studying biology, geography and pe at the moment
plymouth has an amazing campus and is such a great city as well
and yes I've attended an open day
ive got a confirmation about 2 weeks ago but I'm still waiting and it's killing me 😫 how about you?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Psychology

Psychology, Law (distance learning) and Food Tech - I dropped history after AS. (Got AABB in AS)

It just has a nice feel to it. I love the campus feel to it and the library is fantastic. The psychology lecturer I met while I was there seemed so passionate and I really want to be able to learn from him!

Yes! How good was the free food?!
Reply 3

I noticed you posted for Cardiff aswell, Great minds! haha

I am applying for Chemistry, I'm an access science mature student (24) Plymouth is local to me (I live in Devon). I have yet to attend an open day.
Has anyone else?
What did you think?
I'm applying for education studies and am doing sociology, politics and history at the moment.
I went to the open day and loved it, and I got my conditional offer last night :biggrin:

Hi
I am thinking of going to Plymouth university to study criminology and criminal justice. I was very impressed on the open day with the campus and the subject staff. My only concern is the social life, the city seems to have nothing going for it. I may be wrong thou.
Reply 6
Hey :biggrin:
I am going to being doing Extended Science in September 2015 as a "mature student" im currently 22 but will be 23 next month. Plan to go on to study marine biology and oceanography for the three years after.
I chose plymouth as it was a really nice uni and also I do like the area and it can provide me with a lot more after my year 0.
Reply 7
Hey... Anyone who's been to the open day can you PLEASEPLEASE message me, I'd be rather grateful thanks
Reply 8
Hey, I applied to study International Business! Got a conditional offer and recently Made it my Firm Choice with Wolverhampton as my Insurance.
I have No idea why Plymouth Uni tbh but because its so far from Manchester I think it I'll be an exciting experience!
(edited 9 years ago)

What are you currently studying?
Biology, Chemisty, Maths and Welsh Bacc

Why the University of Plymouth?
It was one of my strongest possible applications based on selection process (highish UKCAT)

Have you attended an open day or visit?
Nope but I'll be visiting on tuesday for my interview.

I'm not sure what I'm going to tel;l them the reason I chose it is. I was thinking I liked the look of the diverse area with a city atmosphere, beaches and countryside.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Medicine

Gap Year Student

I have received an interview from Plymouth and i was hoping to talk to someone who goes there and is also doing medicine at the university already. :smile:
I notice some people have conditional offers already? I'm currently on an access course & we have been told not to send our applications off yet :/ is this normal?!

Applying for Geology with Ocean Sciences, and also Geography with Ocean Sciences.
Currently studying Geography, Business & Literature.
Really like the location and it's 5 hours away from me...
Went to open day in June

Been given two conditional offers for my choices! So will definitely be here next year :smile:
Reply 13
I've applied for Product Design 3D
I'm studying product design, maths and computing and I have also completed business studies a year early
Went to the open day and loved it, it was on a nice sunny day and all of the information was really useful, looking forward to going back next Saturday for my interview
I've applied to study Occupational Therapy as a mature student. I haven't heard anything yet...any other OT applicants?
Applied for marine biology Bsc, offer received after 6 days which was their standard offer of ABB. I attended their open day in October and really liked the university and course. However I got the same offer for Exeter (Cornwall campus) and an lower end offer of AAB for their Bsc with study abroad, which I was lucky to get, and I have fallen in love with the course and campus at Penryn. I am predicted an AAA, so I'm almost certainly going for them.
Reply 16
Applying for Psychology with Criminology and Criminal Justice
Currently studying Access to Humanities and Social Science
Love the look of the course content, one of the few Universities to do this specific course and although I haven't been to visit, like the location of the University and not incredibly far from home
Unfortunately I haven't been able to attend an open day

- Praying my college finally send off my UCAS application this week, hoping for an offer from Plymouth!
(edited 9 years ago)
Nursing..:biggrin:
Sociology,Applied Science and English Language/Literature
Something about it,not really sure why it excites me so much to think of being accepted to Plymputh
NOPE D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
- What course are you applying for?
marine biology BSc
- What are you currently studying?
biology, geography and statistics
looks like a really nice place and the course looks the best there!
Yep! took me 5 hours to get there (I live in the midlands) but totally worth it!
Hi!

So I've applied to study Fine Art.
I currently study Art and Photography.
I picked Plymouth Uni because of the location really, you get city life, country side, sea side and more!
I loved it that much I attended two open days!

I live 5 hours away from Plymouth so it's a tricky decision, but if anyone is in a similar position, it would be nice to get in touch!

V :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending