The Student Room Group

Am I late to applying?

I want to apply the end of this week. My personal statement has been challenging for me to write, I had a LOT to say and no idea how to fit it all in. Most of my classmates have already submitted their applications and received offers, so I'm just feeling a bit worried. I'll definitely have it in before December, but will this be seen badly and mess with my chances? I'm applying to Bangor, Cardiff, Exeter, Reading and Plymouth.
Reply 1
No, so long as you apply before Jan 31st the universities will give your application equal consideration with the earlier ones. They will have given offers to really promising applicants but still kept enough places for later ones. After Jan 31st courses may start to fill up at the most competitive universities.
Original post by astrocarbs
I want to apply the end of this week. My personal statement has been challenging for me to write, I had a LOT to say and no idea how to fit it all in. Most of my classmates have already submitted their applications and received offers, so I'm just feeling a bit worried. I'll definitely have it in before December, but will this be seen badly and mess with my chances? I'm applying to Bangor, Cardiff, Exeter, Reading and Plymouth.

You will be fine.
Over half of applications are submitted after Christmas. You’re not late.

Hi there!

You will be absolutely fine submitting your application this week! The universities will all consider you for their courses providing you apply before the 31st January deadline.

What course are you applying for? Great to see you're applying to Plymouth!

If you have any question about the university, city, or anything in general please feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to answer any you might have!

Best of luck with your application 🙂

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Student Ambassador

Hello!

Great to hear you are thinking of applying to uni and as others have said, you are not too late to apply at all and a lot of schools and colleges haven't submitted applications until December/early January.

If you are struggling with narrowing down your personal statement, you might find this thread has some useful tips for key points to ensure you are including 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending