The Student Room Group

~| Bring Back The Classics! NOW! |~

I cannot believe that I am among a generation of students who will miss out on learning the old classics subjects. Are we serious about abandoning centuries of educational refinement for the sake of bastardising and simplifying the education system? It's as if now that more people have access to education it's been made worse!

BRING BACK THE CLASSICS. If I had learnt Latin and Greek from childhood think of where I would be now :smile:

I am now learning Latin btw.
Reply 1
Why don't you open a free school. :wink:
Original post by The Dictator
I cannot believe that I am among a generation of students who will miss out on learning the old classics subjects. Are we serious about abandoning centuries of educational refinement for the sake of bastardising and simplifying the education system? It's as if now that more people have access to education it's been made worse!

BRING BACK THE CLASSICS. If I had learnt Latin and Greek from childhood think of where I would be now :smile:

I am now learning Latin btw.

What does that even mean? Latin and Greek are dead and the world is moving on. Deal with it. :tongue:
Original post by Juichiro
What does that even mean? Latin and Greek are dead and the world is moving on. Deal with it. :tongue:

They are important languages that form the basis of modern thought and modern language. They MUST be learnt. Deal with it. :smile:
Original post by The Dictator
They are important languages that form the basis of modern thought and modern language. They MUST be learnt. Deal with it. :smile:

The language that forms the basis of MODERN thought is ENGLISH. The language that forms the basis of modern languageS is still a holy grial in linguistics. Latin and Greek are dead. No knew knowledge is being generated by speakers of those languages. They are not even linguas francas anymore. Everything changes. Just like the English era will. Deal with it. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending