Are these choices too risky?

Hi,

My current possible uni choices are:

Oxford
LSE
Warwick
UCL
Nottingham

I have 4 A's at AS level (M, FM, Econ, Chem) and 8A* 3A at GCSE.

Are these uni choices too risky? as there is a reasonable chance that I could get no offers at all seeing as they are all very competitive! Would anyone suggest any other possible uni choices or insurance universities with good graduate prospects that are safer?

For context, my personal statement is very good (not being cocky, based on multiple teachers opinions!) but my AS UMS is not particularly impressive (average of 88).
Reply 1
Original post by groovyd97
Hi,

Oxford
LSE
Warwick
UCL
Nottingham

Are these uni choices too risky? as there is a reasonable chance that I could get no offers at all seeing as they are all very competitive! Would anyone suggest any other possible uni choices or insurance universities with good graduate prospects that are safer?

For context, my personal statement is very good (not being cocky, based on multiple teachers opinions!) but my AS UMS is not particularly impressive (average of 88).

I think LSE ask for you UMS scores after the original application so maybe swap that with an AAA or an AAB place like Leeds, Lancaster or Edinburgh just as an insurance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by groovyd97
Hi,

Oxford
LSE
Warwick
UCL
Nottingham

Nope, they're good. You'll get at least 1 offer, so aim high.
Original post by Mike_123
Nope, they're good. You'll get at least 1 offer, so aim high.

At worst, you should expect an offer from Nottingham at least. IMO the risk element depends on how confident you are that you'll get an A* this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending