The Student Room Group

5 choices

Cambridge Imperial UCL (A*A*A)
Bristol Durham (A*AA)
For computer science

Predicted: A*A*A*A (includes further math)
Gcses: 8 A*s

Are the choices too risky? I'm honestly trying to see if I'm able to get into at least 2 so I can have a firm and insurance. Otherwise I was wanting to try UCAS extra or clearing which is why I have put high choices originally.
Original post by Anonymous
Bristol Durham (A*AA)
For computer science

Are the choices too risky? I'm honestly trying to see if I'm able to get into at least 2 so I can have a firm and insurance. Otherwise I was wanting to try UCAS extra or clearing which is why I have put high choices originally.

the only risk is you becoming complacent in your studying and not achieving your predicted grades,
Original post by Anonymous
Bristol Durham (A*AA)
For computer science

Note that you don't have to submit all 5 choices at the same time. You could hold 1 or 2 back to see whether you get offers or whether you need to lower your sights slightly.
Reply 3
Alright thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by BankaiGintoki
the only risk is you becoming complacent in your studying and not achieving your predicted grades,

Actually I was trying to say whether my probability of rejections is being made too high since cs is already an oversubscribed course and Cambridge Imperial and UCL are extremely competitive for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending