The Student Room Group

Bristol Medical School A100 Entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Noura*
Just got a rejection from Bristol A100. Will be really gutted if it's because of my school not predicting me an A in chem after promising to do so.

ouch sorry to hear that mate! im sure its their loss anyway :smile:

May i ask when you got the email?....kinda frantically refreshing mine, incase ive been notified :/

also how were you academically?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 181
Also got rejected just now, at 18:30. Notified via email by UCAS Track.
Predicted 41 points at IB.
Reply 182
Original post by zk11
Also got rejected just now, at 18:30. Notified via email by UCAS Track.
Predicted 41 points at IB.

Sorry to hear that :frown:
r u international?
Original post by mmjo
I am so sorry to hear that :frown: I know how it feels, I've been rejected here in Finland far too many times. I hope this is your last rejection! Good luck!

Original post by georgiahinch
Shake it off pal. Worst comes to worst, ace it in summer and prove your school wrong!!

Thanks guys. It'd be a bit silly to not expect at least 1 rejection anyway.
Reply 184
Original post by Jo 123
When will bristol send out first batch of interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first interview is on 16th Dec, and there is a target of minimum 4 weeks notice (i.e. to enable arrangement of travel/ time off college, etc.)

Also... to those worried about the timing of their interview in the year (i.e. whether being interviewed later in the year will detriment them)- don't worry! offers are given out throughout the year, but in batches (i.e. limited to a certain number of the interviewed candidates in each cohort)- therefore, offers going out early doesn't impact those being interviewed in a later cohort.

Best of luck
Original post by RagaZ
ouch sorry to hear that mate! im sure its their loss anyway :smile:

May i ask when you got the email?....kinda frantically refreshing mine, incase ive been notified :/

also how were you academically?

I got an email from track at 5:30pm. My school is a state school but doesn't cash in AS results. Unless my school changed their mind last minute, they said they'd predict me A*AAA with the A* in maths but problem was I got a B in AS chemistry so they were obviously a bit hesitant to predict me an A but they agreed in the end. My GCSE were mediocre- 6a*'s and 5a's.
Just got rejection as well
Reply 187
Original post by Noura*

I got an email from track at 5:30pm. My school is a state school but doesn't cash in AS results. Unless my school changed their mind last minute, they said they'd predict me A*AAA with the A* in maths but problem was I got a B in AS chemistry so they were obviously a bit hesitant to predict me an A but they agreed in the end. My GCSE were mediocre- 6a*'s and 5a's.

hmm i have the exact same GCSE grades, and AABB at AS with a B in chemistry. But am predicted A*AA, A* being in Biology, i hold no hope whatsoever now. Anyway thanks! good luck with your other applications :smile: where else did you apply?
Original post by RagaZ
hmm i have the exact same GCSE grades, and AABB at AS with a B in chemistry. But am predicted A*AA, A* being in Biology, i hold no hope whatsoever now. Anyway thanks! good luck with your other applications :smile: where else did you apply?

Dont say that, you could still get in as Bristol isn't all academic. I've applied to St George's, Barts and KCL as I can't really leave London.
Is the academic section just GCSE?
I read something saying it was 12% GCSE and 8% A-level, but on their faq page is says they don't look at your AS grade except for your 4th subject? So how does that work? :no:
Reply 190
Original post by fizza123
Just got rejection as well

aww sorry to hear that! how were u academically? how was your PS?
Original post by RagaZ
aww sorry to hear that! how were u academically? how was your PS?

academically 8A* and 5As at GCSE, 4As AS and A*A*A prediction (chem bio french)
ps: weekly w/e on hospital ward, week at a GP, volunteer weekly at a childrens hospice, involved in music at school

not that surprised but as its the first uni i've heard from its abit disheartening :redface: think maybe early rejection has something to do with the fact im applying for deferred entry which they told me they have limited places for :rolleyes:
Reply 192
Original post by fizza123
academically 8A* and 5As at GCSE, 4As AS and A*A*A prediction (chem bio french)
ps: weekly w/e on hospital ward, week at a GP, volunteer weekly at a childrens hospice, involved in music at school

not that surprised but as its the first uni i've heard from its abit disheartening :redface: think maybe early rejection has something to do with the fact im applying for deferred entry which they told me they have limited places for :rolleyes:

WOW! you're an insanely great applicant! hmm the deferred entry thing would probably be the reason////1
aww well good luck with your other applications :smile:
How much do gcses actually matter? Mine weren't great, but I was told I should be ok academically? I don't know which stats to believe anymore! :frown:
Original post by Noura*
Just got a rejection from Bristol A100. Will be really gutted if it's because of my school not predicting me an A in chem after promising to do so.

Sorry to hear that :frown: Keep your head up, you still have your other choices! :smile:
Original post by RagaZ
WOW! you're an insanely great applicant! hmm the deferred entry thing would probably be the reason////1
aww well good luck with your other applications :smile:

haha thanks. gutted because i was really keen on bristol as a city but my others are UKCAT and hopefully the fact i have a decent score might help :redface:
Just been rejected for A100 by Bristol. I say just, but email notification update for UCAS track came through at 17:31. Only one word for it.... Poo. It's okay, I'm use to rejection, had 4 of them pre interview last year. This is my first one so far this year. I have 2Bs 4As 4A*s at GCSE, and 3As at A Level in Chem, Bio and History. Stupid UKCAT being bad for everyone. It's driven everyone to non UKCAT unis. So I blame all of you haha :wink: Maybe I coulda gotten away with applying to sheffield with 642.5 average, seeing as they normally have a 650 cutoff. Now I'm gunna go cry for a while, haha
Original post by Noura*

You're grades are amazing! Thats scary I know someone hoping to go into medicine with 2a*'s a's and 2 b's-how likely can she get a place at any medical school?
I'm applying this year for A100 but deferring a year. Graduate student from UCL. Studied pharmacy so hopefully they'll go easy on me lol :tongue:....unlikely
Original post by MrAmbitiousFool
Just been rejected for A100 by Bristol. I say just, but email notification update for UCAS track came through at 17:31. Only one word for it.... Poo. It's okay, I'm use to rejection, had 4 of them pre interview last year. This is my first one so far this year. I have 2Bs 4As 4A*s at GCSE, and 3As at A Level in Chem, Bio and History. Stupid UKCAT being bad for everyone. It's driven everyone to non UKCAT unis. So I blame all of you haha :wink: Maybe I coulda gotten away with applying to sheffield with 642.5 average, seeing as they normally have a 650 cutoff. Now I'm gunna go cry for a while, haha

This really does not give me much hope, your profile is better than mine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending