The Student Room Group

Bristol Medical School A100 Entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopefulmedic2597
Okay so anyone else getting really worried about bristol not getting back to them post-interview yet? It is really stressing me out! I just wanna know already! 16th dec my interview was!! :frown:

Tbf they only let a few people know if they have an offer, like the top 20% I think, the rest have to wait until April anyway
what percentage usually receive an early rejection, i.e within 2-3 weeks post interview?
Original post by lucy1996
what percentage usually receive an early rejection, i.e within 2-3 weeks post interview?[/

Probably only quite a small percentage (bottom 25?)
25%
Original post by 3mma_gal96
Guys, I'm really worried. I have an interview next month, and I understand you have to fill in and bring a work experience form. I've only done a short time at a GP surgery, and a hospital shadowing several doctors (for a week), and volunteered for a charity shop for 2 and a half years. I've done other random things too, like 'MedWales' and a conference on 'what makes a good doctor' via Cardiff university. My main concern is many people who have said they have an interview sound like they've done a lot more than me. I know everyone says 'it's quality not quantity' but I'm sort of worried when I actually write down what I've done on the sheet it's going to look like barely anything :frown:

Dw, I have an interview this month and my only work experience is at a hospital...literally going to have one thing to right down sadly.
Original post by hopefulmedic2597
Okay so anyone else getting really worried about bristol not getting back to them post-interview yet? It is really stressing me out! I just wanna know already! 16th dec my interview was!! :frown:

I feel the same! Mine was the 18th December and I still haven't heard.. :frown: I just want to know whether I've been put on hold or whether they're just late with responses... :frown:
Original post by MeganSpearman
I feel the same! Mine was the 18th December and I still haven't heard.. :frown: I just want to know whether I've been put on hold or whether they're just late with responses... :frown:

Me too.My interview was on the 18th of Dec and I'm still waiting to hear from them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1387
what exactly is bristols teaching style? is it all lecture based in the first two years?
Original post by omy
what exactly is bristols teaching style? is it all lecture based in the first two years?

Lecture based for first 2 years, you have the option to intercalate a BSc in 3rd year, then the following 3 years is primarily in hospitals (clinical academies)
I'm pretty confused as to how they want us to fill in the work experience form. Does "contact name and address" suggest the email address or actual address of the practice? Also does attending medical course count as "Medical practice work experience visits" or "other medically related work experience"
Original post by zedxy123
I'm pretty confused as to how they want us to fill in the work experience form. Does "contact name and address" suggest the email address or actual address of the practice? Also does attending medical course count as "Medical practice work experience visits" or "other medically related work experience"

Medically related as doing the course isn't attending a medical practice
Just got an email saying they're still considering my application!! (was interviewed 18/12)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caitprosser
Just got an email saying they're still considering my application!! (was interviewed 18/12)

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exactly did the email say and when did you receive it? I was interviewed 16/12 but haven't heard back :/
Original post by Caitprosser

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just received this too!! Interviewed 16/12
Original post by oliviajackson96
I just received this too!! Interviewed 16/12

If you don't mind, what all was included in the email? I was also interviewed 16/12 so quite anxious
Reply 1395
Got one as well at 1am (?). Sounds like a "you have been placed on hold" email. Which just means more waiting :unimpressed: Interviewed on the 17/12 :smile:
Original post by ishysmile
If you don't mind, what all was included in the email? I was also interviewed 16/12 so quite anxious

That they have received a high number of quality applications and to be fair to all they have had to hold SOME decisions until mid-April. So you may be receiving an offer today!! Top 25% offers and bottom 25% rejections maybe?
Original post by ishysmile
What exactly did the email say and when did you receive it? I was interviewed 16/12 but haven't heard back :/

Guys what does put on hold mean by Bristol ,exactly?
They're holding you til the end of the interview cycle to be able to compare your interview score against more candidates

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received the on-hold email last night. I was interviewed 16th December :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending