The Student Room Group

Bristol Medical School A100 Entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoryH
Yes, you can do dissection as an SSC in second year where you prepare your own dissection. However it's very competitive to get onto and you need to be in the top 30 or so in your first year anatomy exams to be considered.

Ah same as Liverpool. Thanks for that!
Super major scared for my interview in two weeks as bristol is my first choice! Someone put my mind at rest!
Original post by kittywonghf
Rejected for the Vice Chancellor Scholarship... Apparently LTCL diploma violin and grade 8 piano aren't enough. I get the feeling they are expecting students who attended / won national and international competitions from the sound of their email. Anyone else on the same boat?

Hi, got the same e-mail and same impression. I am DipABRSM (flute) and doing grade 8 piano and violin in a month... Never mind, it was always a long shot for me. Hope you aren't too upset? :smile:
Original post by JMJ_1996
Super major scared for my interview in two weeks as bristol is my first choice! Someone put my mind at rest!

What date are you having your interview?

Well the interviewers are nice and friendly. Basically as long as you have prepared reasonably, you should do well.
Original post by Dani Naz
What date are you having your interview?

20th feb
20th feb

So have I! Are you morning or afternoon?

Ah cool! Morning

How about you?
How about you?

I'm morning too!
I'm morning too!

Omg I'll see you there!!! I'm session 2. Are you nervous?? Pm me :smile:
Anyone on 19th March?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is also in two weeks on the 18th!!! When is yours? I'm also insanely scared :s-smilie: I guess the idea that other people are just as nervous as you are might help you feel a bit better.
How do girls dress for the interview???
Original post by Layla Felton
Mine is also in two weeks on the 18th!!! When is yours? I'm also insanely scared :s-smilie: I guess the idea that other people are just as nervous as you are might help you feel a bit better.

20th!! Haha yes it does a little

Just in smart wear. A dress or skirt is fine
Original post by kittywonghf
Rejected for the Vice Chancellor Scholarship... Apparently LTCL diploma violin and grade 8 piano aren't enough. I get the feeling they are expecting students who attended / won national and international competitions from the sound of their email. Anyone else on the same boat?

Original post by FrankySkinner
Hi, got the same e-mail and same impression. I am DipABRSM (flute) and doing grade 8 piano and violin in a month... Never mind, it was always a long shot for me. Hope you aren't too upset? :smile:

Hi I applied but yet to hear anything, did you both apply to medicine or do you already have offers?

I wore a suit kind of thing for mine, but most girls were wearing dresses/skirts, and one girl was actually wearing a pair of jeans (but I definitely advise against jeans)
Original post by SillyGoose623
I wore a suit kind of thing for mine, but most girls were wearing dresses/skirts, and one girl was actually wearing a pair of jeans (but I definitely advise against jeans)

Oh yeah loads of girls wore jeans at Liverpool
Oh yeah loads of girls wore jeans at Liverpool

Really? I just liked a suit because once I put it on I felt so much more confident!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending