Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

anyone commuting to ASTON? 2014

Jfjfjfjf
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by idontknowaname
I'm nervous about fresher's week as I won't know anyone and I don't really want to turn up by myself since everyone will be in groups etc.. Now i regret living at home😬 However, I am Muslim so it doesn't appeal to me either.

So is anyone commuting to Aston university..? I can't find anyone on my course so would be great to know someone who is commuting!

Hi, i stayed at home when i was a student here also, i'm not a Muslim but i don't drink so i assume we might have a similar take on nights out, the easiest way i found to make friends is to join a society. The Islamic society may be a good start for you, but there are plenty more to cover a range of interests. If you have any more detailed questions just give me a shout.

Josh :smile:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
I'm nervous about fresher's week as I won't know anyone and I don't really want to turn up by myself since everyone will be in groups etc.. Now i regret living at home������ However, I am Muslim so it doesn't appeal to me either.

So is anyone commuting to Aston university..? I can't find anyone on my course so would be great to know someone who is commuting!

Where are you commuting from ?
I'm nervous about fresher's week as I won't know anyone and I don't really want to turn up by myself since everyone will be in groups etc.. Now i regret living at home😬 However, I am Muslim so it doesn't appeal to me either.

Exactly same position as you mate ,also living at home and commuting.Also very anxious about just being by myself and walking around like a headless chicken in the campus. Again really regretting staying at home, looks like it makes meeting people a lot harder.Again also of Muslim background.I'm reading chemistry.
What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am also commuting from home (Sutton Coldfield). It just dident seam worth spending £5k+ a year on dorms when I have a house so near by. Am I nervous about it? Not really to be honest. I don't drink regardless so clubs aren't really my scene. I'm quite sure I'll find a bunch of like minded people that i'll be able to do fun stuff with. I'm studying BSc Business and International Relations.

Quick Reply

Latest