The Student Room Group

Can't decide about these 3 unis for my fourth choice medicine course

Hello everyone,

I can't decide what to choose between Aston, Manchester, or ARU.

I'm definitely applying QMUL, St Georges's, UEA but I'm not sure about my fourth.

My stats:

UCAT: 2850 B1
Grades: A*A*A*A* 9999999988888
Decent amount of work experience/ volunteering

With ARU, I live 20 minutes from the university, and I just feel it would be easy to commute and I would save a lot of money. The problem is I feel like I would be invited to an interview with no emphasis on my grades/ucat with other people who have lower grades/ucat, and my grades won't compensate.

However, with Aston/Manchester, it's pretty far from my house, and it would make it difficult to see family.

Can anyone give me some advice on where to apply.
Original post by alawi2906
Hello everyone,

I can't decide what to choose between Aston, Manchester, or ARU.

I'm definitely applying QMUL, St Georges's, UEA but I'm not sure about my fourth.

My stats:

UCAT: 2850 B1
Grades: A*A*A*A* 9999999988888
Decent amount of work experience/ volunteering

With ARU, I live 20 minutes from the university, and I just feel it would be easy to commute and I would save a lot of money. The problem is I feel like I would be invited to an interview with no emphasis on my grades/ucat with other people who have lower grades/ucat, and my grades won't compensate.

However, with Aston/Manchester, it's pretty far from my house, and it would make it difficult to see family.

Can anyone give me some advice on where to apply.

I dont really understand your point when you say ' I feel like I would be invited to an interview with no emphasis on my grades/ucat with other people who have lower grades/ucat, and my grades won't compensate.' once you get an interview, its your interview performance and score which the uni use to give offers. can you elaborate, I might just be reading it wrong lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending