The Student Room Group

Has anyone done a Biology/Human Biology Degree but hasn't done GCSE Physics

&/or hasn't done maths at a level, just two sciences?
Reply 1
Hello?
Reply 2
If you're doing 2 sciences at A Level, (i assume Bio and Chem?) You'll be fine. Don't need maths. As long as you got a C in maths GCSE, and C in english, you've got it all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Robin55
If you're doing 2 sciences at A Level, (i assume Bio and Chem?) You'll be fine. Don't need maths. As long as you got a C in maths GCSE, and C in english, you've got it all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Bio&Chem :smile:

and oh... but your other gcses must count too right? I mean wouldn't it look bad if you did just maths&english gcses and 3 alevels?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by elmosandy
Yeah Bio&Chem :smile:

and oh... but your other gcses must count too right? I mean wouldn't it look bad if you did just maths&english gcses and 3 alevels?

Of course, but those two are the most important, and your overall science grade i assume. What did you get in GCSE's? I want to apply for Biosciences too, hopefully make my way to masters, and then PhD :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Robin55
Of course, but those two are the most important, and your overall science grade i assume. What did you get in GCSE's? I want to apply for Biosciences too, hopefully make my way to masters, and then PhD :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's my same goal! and haven't taken any yet :smile:
Reply 6
I've got A levels in biology, English and photography and graduated with a 1st in biomedical sciences. I'm sure you don't need maths or physics.
Reply 7
Original post by Connor S
I've got A levels in biology, English and photography and graduated with a 1st in biomedical sciences. I'm sure you don't need maths or physics.

&/or hasn't done maths at a level, just two sciences?

Hi,

I assume that you are a GCSE student? If not, please correct me!

Completing Core Science and Additional Science at GCSE is absolutely fine for Biology degrees however, some universities may be a bit more picky - so beware. But achieving relatively good grades in Core and Ad. Science will make you a suitable candidate.

For A-level, maths isn't a requirement whatsoever, but you will more likely than not, be required to have completed an A-level in Biology or Chemistry, but some may want both.

I think you are fine with regards to getting onto a Biology degree assuming you definitely take Biology at A-level. Be sure to check different university websites to see what they require - each have their own entry requirements and Russell Group universities may have requirements that differ largely from non-Russell Group uni's.

I know a couple other helpful TSR users have contributed to this thread, but I just wanted to add this to reassure you. If you would like some more advice, or any help with Biology - I achieved an A at A-level - I would be glad to help! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by TheStudent18
Hi,

I assume that you are a GCSE student? If not, please correct me!

Completing Core Science and Additional Science at GCSE is absolutely fine for Biology degrees however, some universities may be a bit more picky - so beware. But achieving relatively good grades in Core and Ad. Science will make you a suitable candidate.

For A-level, maths isn't a requirement whatsoever, but you will more likely than not, be required to have completed an A-level in Biology or Chemistry, but some may want both.

I think you are fine with regards to getting onto a Biology degree assuming you definitely take Biology at A-level. Be sure to check different university websites to see what they require - each have their own entry requirements and Russell Group universities may have requirements that differ largely from non-Russell Group uni's.

I know a couple other helpful TSR users have contributed to this thread, but I just wanted to add this to reassure you. If you would like some more advice, or any help with Biology - I achieved an A at A-level - I would be glad to help! :smile:

Yes I am but i'm taking IGCSE Biology, Human Biology and Chemistry instead of IGCSE Double Science and Biology Chemistry and Physics..
Yes I am but i'm taking IGCSE Biology, Human Biology and Chemistry instead of IGCSE Double Science and Biology Chemistry and Physics..

I still think you will be fine. But to double-check, email universities that you may be interested in - I know this may be a bit premature, but it seems sensible. Alternatively, talk to your science teacher or careers advisor.

Like I said, if you want any help with science, just let me know. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending