The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Use white tack, and don't anger your cleaner to the point that they'd want to be an arse to you and enforce rules no one actually adheres to.
University of York
York
Reply 2
I think one wall of your room is a peg board that you can use pins etc on. I'm sure they wond mind as long as it doesn;t damage the surface of the wall.
Reply 3
If they did really mind they wouldnt organise poster sales!
Just don't be a **** to your cleaners and they'll turn a blind eye. Make them a cup of tea for them and spend 5 mins chatting now and then and you could keep a pet elephant in your room and they wouldn't mind.
Reply 5
Just the chatting goes far enough tbh, never bothered making mine a cup of tea. Then again, he never bothered cleaning either, so meh :P
Reply 6
Don't know about anyone else, my board was huge though. More than big enough for posters.
laser
Just the chatting goes far enough tbh, never bothered making mine a cup of tea. Then again, he never bothered cleaning either, so meh :P

I never did for mine either, I'm talking from the experience of other people. In fact I didn't really chat much either, she only spoke northern. But then, my N Sync poster got lost when I moved house so I didn't really need to pin anything up on my wall.

NB. You actually get a poster rail (in Alcuin) which holds them for you.
englishstudent
Just don't be a **** to your cleaners and they'll turn a blind eye. Make them a cup of tea for them and spend 5 mins chatting now and then and you could keep a pet elephant in your room and they wouldn't mind.

What about if I want to waive my elephant rights and just stick a mini fridge in there? Bung my cleaner half a monkey*?

* i have no idea how much money that is but that big lipped fellow from Men Behaving Badly said it and it sounded cool.
Reply 9
N Sync :rofl:
Reply 10
Look after your cleaner, and they'll look after you! I had a lovely cleaner called Wendy, and she let me get away with a load of things - including a beaded curtain that i screwed into my doorframe :smile: They are ppl too remember :wink:
Reply 11
You really can get away with almost anything in any college as long as you look after your cleaner! MOst of them will be spot on.
Reply 12
Anyone actually make them tea?
Reply 13
I made mine a coffee and always had a chat to them
Reply 14
Laura-rose
Hey, i recently got my accomodation package, and it says i can't
" attatch anything to any painted surfaces"
are they *****ing Sh*tting me? What do they mean by 'attatch?' Can you not even use blue/white tack? If they truly are telling the truth, how are we supposed to stop our rooms looking like prision cells?
Any tips on how to circumvent these soundingly ridiculous tight ass rules would be most welcome

x

I wouldnt stick anything on your wall, if it pulls the piant off they will charge you, especially in the newly built accomadation that is run as a PFI (private finance initiative). Also, like others have said on here, you get a massive notice board so put them on there. Also, I dont think ita a crap rule, imagine after a few years of use if everyone attached posters that pulled the paint off, it would make the place look tacky and need repainting that just cost money.
Reply 15
I had many posters and a mini-fridge in my room, and actually had lots of arguments with the cleaners at our house, still didn't give a crap. When they come to clean you're room you can just tell them you don't want it cleaned today anyway, so you could have whatever you want in your room for a whole term and nobody would notice.
Reply 16
Whats with the new name narb?

Latest