The Student Room Group

My bf is submissive and it's annoying

I met someone I liked but he keeps flirting wanting me to dominate me and i find it a turn off. Even when I'm just telling him off, in a serious way not sexual, it's like he enjoys it and tells me and that's also annoying.

I don't enjoy it myself and the fact he feels like I enjoy being in control of him turns me off. If anything, I would say I'd rather be the submissive one, as a girl it's natural to seek a dominate mate. But I'm not overly submissive, and just want a balanced relationship.

I wanted to know fro, girls, if you find this a turn off or I should I accept it in him?
If you aren't sexually compatible then you have to accept that.
Original post by Anonymous
I met someone I liked but he keeps flirting wanting me to dominate me and i find it a turn off. Even when I'm just telling him off, in a serious way not sexual, it's like he enjoys it and tells me and that's also annoying.

I don't enjoy it myself and the fact he feels like I enjoy being in control of him turns me off. If anything, I would say I'd rather be the submissive one, as a girl it's natural to seek a dominate mate. But I'm not overly submissive, and just want a balanced relationship.

I wanted to know fro, girls, if you find this a turn off or I should I accept it in him?

He's not for you and you're not for him. The reason you guys initially liked one another was on a false premise.
Original post by pinklillies
He's not for you and you're not for him. The reason you guys initially liked one another was on a false premise.

Well that's not right either is it...
Original post by SarcasticMel
Well that's not right either is it...

Please explain? The guy lacks manhood to take the dominant position, he obviously wants a mother figure. It's common for people to fall for other people on the wrong impressions.
(edited 9 years ago)
wtf...
Reply 6
You're not compatible.

I personally like being dominant until I get to know him better... but there is no right or wrong - if your gut is telling you that you're not happy with the situation then listen to it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I'd find it a turn off. I think you should talk to him and tell him how you feel about it. It might be that you aren't compatible or you might be able to compromise.
Yeah, it sounds like you're not compatible. Unless there are other things in common that might outweigh this, then it looks like it may not work.

Personally I do prefer a dominate guy; I like someone to challenge me.
Firstly, if he's not listening to you saying "I don't like this please stop" then he's ignoring the boundaries you set, and that's a massive dick move.

Secondly, if he really needs a dominant woman, and you're not a dominant woman, then it's not going to work.

PS - it's not natural for women to seek a dominant man, not at all. There's no "natural" dynamic in a relationship between two people, they're all individual.
Original post by wildbluesun
PS - it's not natural for women to seek a dominant man, not at all.

Yes it is. Women crave dominant men.
Original post by Heartiste
Yes it is. Women crave dominant men.

No they don't. I mean some women do. But some don't. I certainly don't and I'm a woman.
Sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex
Yeah
Sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex
(La la la)

Nothing is provocative anymore
Even for kids
No room for imagining
'Cause everyone's seen everything
Question what the TV tells you
Question what a pop star sells you
Question mom and question dad
Question good and question bad

If history could set you free (from who you were supposed to be)
If sex in our society (didn't tell a girl who she would be)
'Cause all my life I've tried to fight what history has given me

Yeah
(La la la)

If women were religiously
Recognized sexually
We wouldn't have to feel the need to show our ass,
It's to feel free
Been there, done that
Got the t-shirt
Sold my soul
And yeah the truth hurts
Tired image of a star
Acting naughtier than we really are

If sex in our society (didn't tell a guy who he should be)

Yeah
(La la la)

All my life I've felt it deep inside of me
All this time was fighting for what I believe
All my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

If sex in our society (didn't tell a guy who he should be)

Yeah
(La la la)
Reply 13
You're not sexually compatible, so you might as well just end it if you're not happy with it.
Original post by wildbluesun
No they don't. I mean some women do. But some don't. I certainly don't and I'm a woman.

Yes me neither. Not all women want dominance
Now you know how us guys feel about YOUR fundamental submissiveness. Not every guy wants to dominate you.
If you aren't meeting the standards of each others sexual needs this can cause a lot of conflict and raise bigger issues down the line. Although sex is not everything, admittedly it is quite a large portion of a conventional relationship (which I assume you are wanting to achieve considering that you referenced theories of basic biology). My advice is to find common ground sexually, try different things and maybe let him know that you want to keep the sub/dom traits in the bedroom. I hope it helps, it would suck if your relationship ended over this :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I would say I'd rather be the submissive one, as a girl it's natural to seek a dominate mate.

Ugh this line really pissed me off lmao. No its not "natural" or unnatural for a girl to want a dominant partner. All individuals are different and no two relationships or dynamics are the same. Most people are neither overly submissive or dominant and are willing to switch roles either way. I hate it when people say things like that lmao, its just shaming submissive guys and dominant girls as well as those in same sex relationships and comes from stupid heteronormative and sexist societal attitudes. Rant over
Besides that, i agree with everyone else, break up lol
Original post by ----_----
Ugh this line really pissed me off lmao. No its not "natural" or unnatural for a girl to want a dominant partner. All individuals are different and no two relationships or dynamics are the same. Most people are neither overly submissive or dominant and are willing to switch roles either way. I hate it when people say things like that lmao, its just shaming submissive guys and dominant girls as well as those in same sex relationships and comes from stupid heteronormative and sexist societal attitudes. Rant over
Besides that, i agree with everyone else, break up lol

She just wants to mold men to her needs which is agreeably annoying.

Latest

Trending

Trending