The Student Room Group

Thread for people lacking in self-confidence/social life.

No social butterflies allowed :unimpressed: Hello how are you people? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi :wavey:

I'm lacking a social life in RL but not exactly so online.

I'm good, how are you? :smile:
Reply 2
aaahh this thread helps take away the pain <3
Original post by SecretDuck
Hi :wavey:

I'm lacking a social life in RL but not exactly so online.

I'm good, how are you? :smile:
Well it's supposed to be related to real life so you came to the right place :tongue:

I'm ok thanks, I've been planning to go outside the house but don't exactly know where to go lol. How has your day been? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Multitalented me
Well it's supposed to be related to real life so you came to the right place :tongue:

I'm ok thanks, I've been planning to go outside the house but don't exactly know where to go lol. How has your day been? :smile:

if it helps I'm going to go to the gym soon :smile: so you could do that? Or is there a park near yours? Parks are very relaxing
Original post by Riku
if it helps I'm going to go to the gym soon :smile: so you could do that? Or is there a park near yours? Parks are very relaxing
Yeah could do that :smile: A bit apprehensive about going alone though, even if I were to meet people I'd be worried I'd get lost or I turn up & no one's there lol :erm:
(edited 9 years ago)

I initially wanted to go to the nearest fast food place to get a chicken wrap, but since they sell burger sauce in supermarkets and I'm on a diet, I figured I'll make tons of them tomorrow.

My day has been good, how about you? :smile:
I came back to uni a couple of weeks early so I'm pretty much stuck here on my own with nothing to do. :P I've been trying to make an effort to leave the house/talk to people though & am hoping to push myself out of my comfort zone & sort my life out when term starts. :smile:
Original post by SecretDuck
I initially wanted to go to the nearest fast food place to get a chicken wrap, but since they sell burger sauce in supermarkets and I'm on a diet, I figured I'll make tons of them tomorrow.

My day has been good, how about you? :smile:
Ah ok cool :smile: I've spent most of the day on my laptop tbh, I did go out earlier to give some personal details for a new job, but I'm not sure if I actually want it now, still got time to reject it I think :redface:

Original post by TroyAndAbed
I came back to uni a couple of weeks early so I'm pretty much stuck here on my own with nothing to do. :P I've been trying to make an effort to leave the house/talk to people though & am hoping to push myself out of my comfort zone & sort my life out when term starts. :smile:
What do you study? :smile: Are there any housemates around to hang around? Good luck :smile:
Reply 10
Checking in :frown: my social life is annoying sometimes i am a social butterfly then there are others that it is just me and the tumbleweeds.
Reply 11
But how are you?
My avatar is a guy btw, I don't quite have the level of self-confidence that I'd like & often worry about things that may go wrong.

hate to say it but tbh you need to man-up and actually break out of your shell. What's going to go wrong in a gym?
Reply 13
Hey
Original post by Marky Mark
hate to say it but tbh you need to man-up and actually break out of your shell. What's going to go wrong in a gym?
I know but well I'm worried people will judge me, it's not that easy to overcome. My mind just creates a barrier that I find hard to break down :redface:

Original post by IqraHaq
Hey
Hello :hello: how are you/how has your day been? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
What do you study? :smile: Are there any housemates around to hang around? Good luck :smile:

I study economics. :smile: I'm in halls again but there's barely anyone here because term doesn't start for three weeks so I rarely see anybody. I'm sort of glad though because having to meet everyone at once would be bit overwhelming so hopefully they'll slowly move in over the next couple of weeks.
I study economics. :smile: I'm in halls again but there's barely anyone here because term doesn't start for three weeks so I rarely see anybody. I'm sort of glad though because having to meet everyone at once would be bit overwhelming so hopefully they'll slowly move in over the next couple of weeks.
That's a coincidence I studied Economics at Uni myself but suspended my studies after a couple of years due to realizing it's not the area I want to go in long-term. How have you found it so far? :smile: Are you comfortable going out to "social places" on your own?
That's a coincidence I studied Economics at Uni myself but suspended my studies after a couple of years due to realizing it's not the area I want to go in long-term. How have you found it so far? :smile: Are you comfortable going out to "social places" on your own?

The first year was pretty much economics A level again so I didn't learn too much but I did okay. Hoping second year will be more interesting. :smile: I don't really like going to social things on my own but they've had games nights on campus for people who are here early & I've gone to them alone & spoke to people so that's progress at least. :smile:

How's everything with you?
Reply 18
I know but well I'm worried people will judge you, it's not that easy to overcome. My mind just creates a barrier that I find hard to break down :redface:

Hello :hello: how are you/how has your day been? :smile:

Personally mutlitalented I would do anything which isn't 'man up and hit the gym', which helps to make you you! Whether that is in public or at home for the time being. Simply because I'm sick of the stock response being lift (not that I have anything against lifting, in fact I'm going tomorrow to compensate for a bad day today!)

However anything which isn't sitting around wallowing on a forum may help too :tongue:
The first year was pretty much economics A level again so I didn't learn too much but I did okay. Hoping second year will be more interesting. :smile: I don't really like going to social things on my own but they've had games nights on campus for people who are here early & I've gone to them alone & spoke to people so that's progress at least. :smile:

How's everything with you?
Did you get the phone numbers of people you talked to/added them or Facebook or something like that yet? :smile:

I'm the same really, like I'd find going to a cafe/restaurant or bowling/theme park on my own boring. I'd like it if I was to share my experiences with others. I still think it's better than my current position of spending most of my non-work time at home on the laptop though :erm:

Quick Reply