The Student Room Group

University regrets

Hi all,

I can't really move on in my life at the moment because I'm plagued with regrets from my time at university. I graduated 2 years ago and I've realised I've not kept any friendships, well actually I don't think I formed any. I keep looking at people on my course's socials and thinking why didn't I reach out and become friends with any of them? I was a shy and insecure person throughout university. I've only really just gained any confidence. Perhaps this is a sign of growth? I just feel I've ruined my life and can't get out of this depression/ panic. I look back and hate myself. I feel like I was a picky, judgemental person who thought these people couldn't be my friends- they weren't my kind of people. How can I move on? I sometimes think I should try and reach out to some of them but I think that would just be weird now. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I feel completely on my own. How do I make friends in my 20's?
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi, as a mature student looking to go to university. One advice i can give you is always look ahead and not backwards. You cannot change the past so live life how you want to in the present. Go join clubs, societies, sports etc. and meet like minded people. Or, if you work then try to bond with your colleagues.

Lastly, university is but a mere stepping stone into the real world. Embrace adulthood and get your self out there, you should find it easier to make friends now that you have matured and gained confidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending