The Student Room Group

Philosophy and Psychology

Hello! :smile: I am applying for Philosophy and Psychology for 2015 entry and was wondering whether it is possible to become a clinical psychologist by reading this course? I don't want to study single Psychology, so any advice would be appreciated. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Abramovic
Hello! :smile: I am applying for Philosophy and Psychology for 2015 entry and was wondering whether it is possible to become a clinical psychologist by reading this course? I don't want to study single Psychology, so any advice would be appreciated. :smile:

Yes, if the course is accredited by the BPS it works in the same way as a straight honours Psychology degree in terms of further education and qualifications to become a clinical psychologist.

Equally, if it is not accredited then no you cannot use it to continue as a clinical psychologist, just like a non-accredited straight honours Psychology degree.

I study an accredited BSc in Psychology and Philosophy at Bristol (but this course is unfortunately no longer available for new intake).
Reply 2
Original post by lou_100
Yes, if the course is accredited by the BPS it works in the same way as a straight honours Psychology degree in terms of further education and qualifications to become a clinical psychologist.

Equally, if it is not accredited then no you cannot use it to continue as a clinical psychologist, just like a non-accredited straight honours Psychology degree.

I study an accredited BSc in Psychology and Philosophy at Bristol (but this course is unfortunately no longer available for new intake).

Thank you for your help! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending