The Student Room Group

Flexible psychology BPS accredited undergraduate

Hi! I'm just looking at psychology undergraduate courses and wondered whether anyone knows which are best for more flexible and personal module choices. Some seem very set and ruled by the BPS accreditation but I would like to look at different perspectives e.g. philosophy of psychology or environmental psychology. Thanks!
Unfortunately I can't answer your question. I'm also interested in looking at this. I hope you get some replies.
Reply 2
Original post by gilmoregirl8
Hi! I'm just looking at psychology undergraduate courses and wondered whether anyone knows which are best for more flexible and personal module choices. Some seem very set and ruled by the BPS accreditation but I would like to look at different perspectives e.g. philosophy of psychology or environmental psychology. Thanks!

Some universities offer joint honours degrees that are still accredited by the BPS, such as psychology and biology, psychology and education, and others. There will be fixed modules, though, as these are required to obtain BPS accreditation. My BSc was in Psychology and Counselling with the Open University and was accredited by the BPS. I would imagine there may be some Psychology and Philosophy courses out there that may be accredited.

You can search for accredited courses here :https://portal.bps.org.uk/Accredited-Courses
(edited 11 months ago)
Check the third year modules and see which optional topics you can study, although there's no guarantee that they will still be available when you get there

Quick Reply

Latest