The Student Room Group

Queen's University Belfast (QUB) Medicine Applicants (A100) for 2015 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had any interview offers for march ?
Original post by LTAJizzes
me too fingers crossed for march

I hope they will send replies by next week, Im scared that if they notify us late the plane ticket would rise high as hell (judging from my exp)
I bombed my interview so bad even Nagasaki and Hiroshima send condolences to me. Anyways, I was told by the interviewers that I would hear back in late April/ early May. As mentioned at the end of the interview, more candidates will be interviewed in March and final decision will not be made until all qualified individuals are interviewed. Well this is sort of repetitive but i thought i could contribute a little to this thread as a fellow applicant :smile:
Original post by victoria1235
I bombed my interview so bad even Nagasaki and Hiroshima send condolences to me. Anyways, I was told by the interviewers that I would hear back in late April/ early May. As mentioned at the end of the interview, more candidates will be interviewed in March and final decision will not be made until all qualified individuals are interviewed. Well this is sort of repetitive but i thought i could contribute a little to this thread as a fellow applicant :smile:

I highly doubt they will keep us waiting until May.
I was told late March/early April at the latest and so did everyone else on this thread I think. So u must've misheard him.

Haha loved the metaphores. You never know maybe you'll suprise youself, my interview wasn't the greatest either but remember QUB has a high interview : offer ratio so most people post interview are successful.
:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by futuremedic19
I was told late March/early April at the latest and so did everyone else on this thread I think. So u must've misheard him.

Haha loved the metaphores. You never know maybe you'll suprise youself, my interview wasn't the greatest either but remember QUB has a high interview : offer ratio so most people post interview are successful.

I was told at my interview not to expect to hear back until late April/early May either - hopefully this was just a mistake because that'd be so mean to expect us all to wait for so long!

Nope. I did not mishear the two interviewers. I can still remember their names lol. I guess the discrepancy of date we have been having in this thread so far might be due to our applicant status. I am an international applicant so i guess it is understandable for us to hear back later than home applicant.

And thanks buddy. My A levels result is coming out next next week so i guess that sort of distracts me from thinking of the fiasco during the interview haha .Anyways, i wish u nothing but the best on this med school application process :smile:
Original post by victoria1235
Nope. I did not mishear the two interviewers. I can still remember their names lol. I guess the discrepancy of date we have been having in this thread so far might be due to our applicant status. I am an international applicant so i guess it is understandable for us to hear back later than home applicant.

And thanks buddy. My A levels result is coming out next next week so i guess that sort of distracts me from thinking of the fiasco during the interview haha .Anyways, i wish u nothing but the best on this med school application process :smile:

Yeah I'm a UK applicant and I'm 100% sure they said end of March/early April so I'm guessing that late April/early may is only for internationals.

I wish you the best of luck with your A level results
OMFG INTERVIEW FROM QUB IM SO HAPPYS!!!!!! Got it at 14:24 if anyone is wondering :smile:
This is the best Chinese new year ever!!!
Ditto

I also got an interview from qub today. Can somebody explain me if the interview is solely a mmi or if there is also a conventional interview, aka interviewer interviewing the candidate and so on?

thank you
Original post by Medikit
Ditto

I also got an interview from qub today. Can somebody explain me if the interview is solely a mmi or if there is also a conventional interview, aka interviewer interviewing the candidate and so on?

thank you

It's MMI for UK candidates, don't know about internationals.
MMI is Multiple mini interviews so a conventional interview may be included in one of the stations.
It's MMI for UK candidates, don't know about internationals.
MMI is Multiple mini interviews so a conventional interview may be included in one of the stations.

I am Spanish, so I don't really know if I would be classified as an international student or else. Since Spain is in the EU, then I am almost certain that I would not be classified as such. Either way thank you. Research ensues anyway.

On a side note, many people say that preparing for a MMI won't help at all. This is clearly a lie, am I right? I mean, there must be resources around the web or books that are designed to improve the candidate's reasoning regarding the sort of situations that may arise during these interviews. Does somebody know of any reliable source? Thank you in advance.
Hi,

JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW> AHHHHHHHH!

Can anyone who has done it tell me if they have a station where they look at PS?

Also, is the interview hard? How is it generally?
Is everyone that's just been given an interview an international applicant?
Reply 793
A friend of a friend asked about whether they'll ask about your personal statement and they were given a dirty look so... It's your personal statement, you wrote it therefore you shouldn't have a hard time backing yourself up should they ask about it.

With regards to the interview itself. It's not difficult and it's not easy. No doubt you'll come out of some stations thinking you did really well and others you'll think everything you said was complete nonsense. It's an experience but not too taxing. All I would say is do little/no preparation, you'd be wasting your time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medikit
I am Spanish, so I don't really know if I would be classified as an international student or else. Since Spain is in the EU, then I am almost certain that I would not be classified as such. Either way thank you. Research ensues anyway.

On a side note, many people say that preparing for a MMI won't help at all. This is clearly a lie, am I right? I mean, there must be resources around the web or books that are designed to improve the candidate's reasoning regarding the sort of situations that may arise during these interviews. Does somebody know of any reliable source? Thank you in advance.

Is your interview MMI. Is at at the MBC in Belfast on March 11th ??
Is your interview MMI. Is at at the MBC in Belfast on March 11th ??

interview,Clinical Skills Education Centre, 2nd Floor, Medical Biology Centre, Lisburn Road, Belfast

My email does not specify whether or not it is an MMI. It only says 'interview'
Original post by Medikit
interview,Clinical Skills Education Centre, 2nd Floor, Medical Biology Centre, Lisburn Road, Belfast

My email does not specify whether or not it is an MMI. It only says 'interview'

Ahh okay well in that case it will be an MMI and similar to what we had in January.

Have a look at the sample questions on their website. Watch the video to know what to expect. Here the link :
http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/mdbs/medicine/Prospectivestudents/MultipleMiniInterviews/

In terms of preparation: Honestly hand on heart my advice would be to not bother preparing much. I was sooooo stressed out for my MMI and was literally tearing my hair out on how to prepare, but looking back I can say with certainty that preparation is pointless for this interview.
If u want to do it to give yourself reassurance and confidence then by all means go for it.

If u don't believe me look at last years thread and everyone will tell u that preparing is a waste of time.

The QUB MMI is designed so that when you read the instructions outside the station you say !!!!WTF!!!! Is this in your head.

They want to put you under pressure/ think and problem solve on the spot and test how well u communicate. So my advice would be to try and interact with patients/people as much as u can to develop your interpersonal skills as I found that really helped for me :smile:

Good luck !!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you very much.

I will have a look on other threads.
Ahh okay well in that case it will be an MMI and similar to what we had in January.

Have a look at the sample questions on their website. Watch the video to know what to expect. Here the link :
http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/mdbs/medicine/Prospectivestudents/MultipleMiniInterviews/

In terms of preparation: Honestly hand on heart my advice would be to not bother preparing much. I was sooooo stressed out for my MMI and was literally tearing my hair out on how to prepare, but looking back I can say with certainty that preparation is pointless for this interview.
If u want to do it to give yourself reassurance and confidence then by all means go for it.

If u don't believe me look at last years thread and everyone will tell u that preparing is a waste of time.

The QUB MMI is designed so that when you read the instructions outside the station you say !!!!WTF!!!! Is this in your head.

They want to put you under pressure/ think and problem solve on the spot and test how well u communicate. So my advice would be to try and interact with patients/people as much as u can to develop your interpersonal skills as I found that really helped for me :smile:

Good luck !!!!

So do they not ask any standard panel interview questions in any of the stations??
Original post by DdosetDaram
So do they not ask any standard panel interview questions in any of the stations??

Nobody will be answering this question. However you will have stations with actors and stations with just questions. The best preparation is confidence and remaining calm and friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending