The Student Room Group

Queen's University Belfast (QUB) Medicine Applicants (A100) for 2015 entry!

Hey, is anyone else thinking of applying to belfast for medicine? It is gorgeous!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by radhikagulati
Hey, is anyone else thinking of applying to belfast for medicine? It is gorgeous!

I am considering it! How does it differ from other med schools tho? Did you find something particular about it?

I'm a bit worried that it's Ireland, not so sure if it's super safe as I heard a lot of bad things, might be wrong.
Original post by magdalisious
I am considering it! How does it differ from other med schools tho? Did you find something particular about it?

I'm a bit worried that it's Ireland, not so sure if it's super safe as I heard a lot of bad things, might be wrong.

Don't actually believe that, Belfast has the one of the lowest crime rate of all the major cities
Lol I wouldn't be worried. Ive lived on university street for 10 years and went to methodist college, which is about 200 feet away, for 7 years and the only crime that happened was a drunk student had his watch stolen.
Reply 4
I think I will be applying here...any grads?
Does having AAAb get full academic points?
Original post by Jimbob995
Does having AAAb get full academic points?

Thinking of applying here too...I have AAAb aswell!
Original post by purplepetal
Thinking of applying here too...I have AAAb aswell!

What are your GCSEs and UKCAT score?
i'm thinking of applying so i've joined the thread! i think i have 36/36 on academics and 5/6 on UKCAT. the total is out of 42 right?
What are your GCSEs and UKCAT score?

My ukcat is really low 630. And my gcse's are 6A*s 3 As B and C
Original post by purplepetal
My ukcat is really low 630. And my gcse's are 6A*s 3 As B and C

Are you going to apply here - if you have achieved alevels but a B at AS does that mean you don't get full academic points?
Are you going to apply here - if you have achieved alevels but a B at AS does that mean you don't get full academic points?

Umm I dont know actually :s sorry! didn't know they looked at ukcat, I might not apply here
Original post by magdalisious

Ireland is one of the most beautiful places you can go to.

Ive lived here, in the north, for 20 years and have had no problem. You get the occasional argument about a few flegs here and there, but it's a good country for what it's been through.
hello. I am an international student who is interested in QUB medicine:smile: Can I ask if anyone knows whether QUB accepts a reference from a doctor whose surgery I am currenly volunteering at or must it be an academic referee?:smile:
oh and if we fulfill the A level requirements and get the maximum 36 points, will our GCSE still play a part in determining whether we get invited for interview?:/
Original post by GemaineCOG
oh and if we fulfill the A level requirements and get the maximum 36 points, will our GCSE still play a part in determining whether we get invited for interview?:/

doubt it or it'd nullify the point system...
hey guys, i'm thinking of applying to QUB and as I have AAAAb for my A-Levels I think i'll score 36/36 and 5/6 for my ukcat score(2820) which puts me on 41/42? Is this correct?

and could anyone tell me what the cut-off was last year?

Thanks!
Original post by blissfully
doubt it or it'd nullify the point system...

Thanks so much for replying!:smile:

Anyone knows about the reference letter thing? whether it has to be strictly from an academic tutor?

I heard the cut off was 37/38:smile:
Original post by GemaineCOG
Thanks so much for replying!:smile:

Anyone knows about the reference letter thing? whether it has to be strictly from an academic tutor?

I heard the cut off was 37/38:smile:

no problem:smile:

and i'm not entirely sure about the rules of references, could be on ucas faq i doubt it'd be specific to universities.

and is that 37/38 out of 42?
Original post by blissfully
no problem:smile:

and i'm not entirely sure about the rules of references, could be on ucas faq i doubt it'd be specific to universities.

and is that 37/38 out of 42?

yup i think its is somewhere in their website but i am pretty sure i saw either a 37 or a 38:smile: Though i dont know how important the PS is in their decision making:/
hmmm cos QUB said on their website they wanted an academic refereree but UCAS said that applies to students applying through school. not sure though:/

Quick Reply

Latest