The Student Room Group

Queen's University Belfast (QUB) Medicine Applicants (A100) for 2015 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Now that the results are edging closer, I suddenly don't want to hear them too soon! Don't know how I'm going to cope with a rejection, will be devastated.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ursy73
Now that the results are edging closer, I suddenly don't want to hear them too soon! Don't know how I'm going to cope with a rejection, will be devastated.

Hi. I know it is hard but try to stay positive. I got 4 rejections last year and I took a gap year this year and reapplied. I hope it goes well for you but just remember that it's not the end and our grades are the most important. And there are many ways of getting into medicine either undergraduate or post. I know someone who applied 4th time round this year and got in this time round. If you are adamant to do medicine then don't give up or lost hope. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 982
Original post by LoveIndigo21
Hi. I know it is hard but try to stay positive. I got 4 rejections last year and I took a gap year this year and reapplied. I hope it goes well for you but just remember that it's not the end and our grades are the most important. And there are many ways of getting into medicine either undergraduate or post. I know someone who applied 4th time round this year and got in this time round. If you are adamant to do medicine then don't give up or lost hope. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're very kind :smile:
However, for myself, this is my first and likely only attempt for medicine before taking an alternative degree. I sadly realised my ambition for medicine after already completing my first year at university.
Best of luck to yourself, I hope you reach your dream!
Original post by Ursy73
You're very kind :smile:
However, for myself, this is my first and likely only attempt for medicine before taking an alternative degree. I sadly realised my ambition for medicine after already completing my first year at university.
Best of luck to yourself, I hope you reach your dream!

Nevertheless all the best for the future. Thank you - I really want to study medicine and I hope I get in this year. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just wanted to say for those waiting on a response from QUB don't get very upset if you don't get an offer initially.
I am a grad student, and didn't get the offer initially from queens for medicine. However, I was shocked when I got a phone call in early September from Qub admission asking if I still wanted a place at queens to study medicine!!!!

turns out that I was very very high up on the reserve list (after the MMIs) and I should have rang them after offers went out to see where I was on the list. I didn't know you could do this! But basically, the higher you are up on the list the more chance you have of getting in.
so I'm currently a medical student loving life (but not revision ) at queens. So don't despair if you don't get in initially. There is always a chance!

plus, there is a few people in my year that had applied for 3 years and only got the offer on the 3rd attempt - so don't give up :smile:
Hi:smile: Im a dental applicant just looking for news. Can you tell me about the student life in Belfast as a medical student just in case? Thanks:tongue:
Reply 986
Has anyone spoken to admissions recently? Does anyone know if the offers are going to be released this week?
Someone had said a few messages above that apparently QUB are getting back to us before they finish for Easter so provided that's true it should be this Friday at the latest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 988
Does anyone know if QUB give it out offers on a particular day, in a similar fashion to their interview offers given on fridays?
i just hope they give out everything in just one day and end the torture haha
Reply 990
Original post by victoria1235
i just hope they give out everything in just one day and end the torture haha

I know! Just hope it is this week!
Original post by doaka
I know! Just hope it is this week!

i guess i was to optimistic to hope that it was today and had been refreshing my track every 5 mins hahaha
Reply 992
I've been checking all the time too. I phoned them today and they said the same thing april/early may to me. I asked if they knew roughly when they said they didn't. I told the lady I spoke to that some people have been saying it will be this week - she said she doesn't know where people have been getting this info from lol. She did say that all rejections and offers will be released on the same day though - they are just waiting for their administrators to work it all out still! WAAHHH this wait is so long!

Just got a random email from UCAS about replying to offers and got nervous because I though it was track. Trying to focus on revision and not get distracted but it's just too painful!!
Reply 993
Original post by dvirk1
I've been checking all the time too. I phoned them today and they said the same thing april/early may to me. I asked if they knew roughly when they said they didn't. I told the lady I spoke to that some people have been saying it will be this week - she said she doesn't know where people have been getting this info from lol. She did say that all rejections and offers will be released on the same day though - they are just waiting for their administrators to work it all out still! WAAHHH this wait is so long!

Just got a random email from UCAS about replying to offers and got nervous because I though it was track. Trying to focus on revision and not get distracted but it's just too painful!!

That's so strange (as I mentioned before) my teacher was talking to them and they said the delay was because of some exams in the medical school or something but they were still aiming for before Easter??? lol I just want to be put out of my misery!
Original post by e1997
That's so strange (as I mentioned before) my teacher was talking to them and they said the delay was because of some exams in the medical school or something but they were still aiming for before Easter??? lol I just want to be put out of my misery!

We were told at interview on 23rd January that we would be informed of decisions by end of March/beginning of April - judging by last year's thread this seems correct ... can't believe they will keep applicants waiting another month :eek:
Reply 995
Original post by kittymitch
We were told at interview on 23rd January that we would be informed of decisions by end of March/beginning of April - judging by last year's thread this seems correct ... can't believe they will keep applicants waiting another month :eek:

I know I was told the same at mine ): Pretty sure this time last year the offers were already out!
Reply 996
Original post by e1997

I know that's why I mentioned it to them! It changes all the time when I called last week they said late march/early april and now April/may. Well March is basically over but I have a feeling we will find out this week :smile:. Just keep checking your emails for track.
Reply 997
Arrrrrgggghhh!!!!!!
Reply 998
Offers went out on the 27th last year which I think was 2 days later than the year before which would mean we will hopefully hear tomorrow (not counting the weekend).

There is also like an unspoken deadline of the 31st for unis to get back to you by and if they get back to you after that then you have longer to decide which unis to choose as your firm/insurance choice. So I'm hoping we will hear tomorrow (most unis do seem to be trying to meet this deadline from what I gather). I imagine they are def aiming for before easter and they are just covering themselves by saying end of April/May.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 999
Original post by Doc2be
Offers went out on the 27th last year which I think was 2 days later than the year before which would mean we will hopefully hear tomorrow (not counting the weekend).

There is also like an unspoken deadline of the 31st for unis to get back to you by and if they get back to you after that then you have longer to decide which unis to choose as your firm/insurance choice. So I'm hoping we will hear tomorrow (most unis do seem to be trying to meet this deadline from what I gather). I imagine they are def aiming for before easter and they are just covering themselves by saying end of April/May.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you are right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending