The Student Room Group

Queen's University Belfast (QUB) Medicine Applicants (A100) for 2015 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have a sample week schedule for Belfast or anything like that?
Original post by robster01
Does anyone have a sample week schedule for Belfast or anything like that?

For first semester?
I'm a second year and I'm in pretty much 9-5 every day - Wednesdays end at 1 as all classes end at 1 on a Wednesday in queens :smile:

eg. On Thursdays I have lectures 9-12.30 in the royal hospital, lunch and then class from 2-5pm in the mbc. On Fridays i have tutorial 9-11, anatomy practical 11-1, then clinical attachment 2-5!
Original post by MEGAN2828
For first semester?

Yeah, or whatever's possible. Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by robster01
Yeah, or whatever's possible. Thanks in advance :smile:

OK so our first semester timetable was all online so I wasn't able to print screen it or anything but I have a hard copy I can write out for you. Timetable changes week to week as we only have csec and certain tutorials like once a month in first semester.

Monday - Lectures 9-11
Break
Lectures 3-5

Tuesday - Tutorial 9-11
Lecture 11-12
Break
CSEC 2-5

Wednesday - CTO practical 9-11
Dissection 11-1

Thursday - Lectures 9-12
Break
Family Attachment 2-5

Friday - Lectures 11-1

Second semester is full on 9-5 with roughly 8 lectures a week, 2 tutorials, 2 practicals, 2 dissection sessions, a clinical attachment and alternating family attachment sessions, CSEC and communication skills seminars.

Hope this helped!
What time are offers usually distributed ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faddys123
What time are offers usually distributed ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year it was apparently around 6! Not sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MEGAN2828
Umm not that I can think of anyways, I'm from Northern Ireland so I don't have to worry about getting homesick but a few of my English friends were at first! This isn't really a downside and is probably universal for all med schools but theres a huge about of work to do, for example this term we have 6 modules, which is the equivalent work load of around 7 a levels, and we have class with new lectures/topics until the week before our exams begin so its very fast paced you just have to adjust quickly! But again thats not QUB just a med school issue in general.

I want an offer so badly now, thanks:biggrin:
Are all offers given out tomorrow or just some?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scienceobsessed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought it was today??
Original post by Winter_is_here
Thought it was today??

It's meant to hopefully it isn't an April fools
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scienceobsessed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they give out all rejections and offers at the same time. Dont quote me on that though:smile:
Original post by victoria1235
I think they give out all rejections and offers at the same time. Dont quote me on that though:smile:

Sorry guys I meant today and ahah okay, so most likely they'll all be today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by victoria1235

Correct. I would expect this to be the same this year too.
Pleaseeee give me an offer qub, it's my last chance on a gap year :/
Reply 1055
Original post by Winter_is_here
Pleaseeee give me an offer qub, it's my last chance on a gap year :/

Same here.
I've had no problem waiting to hear back from qub so far as I put it to the back of my mind after my interview in January but not im feeling extremely impatient!! Hopefully we hear back today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a quota system in place? EU/UK/Int? If yes any idea about the number of places?
Original post by sammya1
Is there a quota system in place? EU/UK/Int? If yes any idea about the number of places?

if im not mistaken, the total number of places for last year's entry is 262 with 26 places being allocated to the internationals
Reply 1059
I'm starting to get the feeling we won't hear back today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending