The Student Room Group

Queen's University Belfast (QUB) Medicine Applicants (A100) for 2015 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
I did the HPAT and have to do 4 A2 levels, but now that i have my offer for QUB i don't know whether to drop the fourth subject and just focus on securing 3 A's and forgetting about down south! It's a pity the HPAT results come out pretty much exactly when i'd be sitting the exams for my 4th subject, too late to drop it then :smile:

Edit: queens is my first choice, even if i get an offer for trinity! But with cao you can drop a grade in chemistry and still get in, as long as you have enough points
(edited 9 years ago)
been refreshing track every five mins since yesterday but still havent heard anything:frown:
Original post by victoria1235
been refreshing track every five mins since yesterday but still havent heard anything:frown:

Same... Well we have another two hours until anything, before there is that long easter break.
Original post by shyaamb
Same... Well we have another two hours until anything, before there is that long easter break.

not looking very promising at the moment but we shall just wait. Somebody on this thread said that the admission said all offers and rejections will be out latest by today. If it doesnt happen, i guess we will have to wait till the end of april which is what we were told at the end of interview
not looking very promising at the moment but we shall just wait. Somebody on this thread said that the admission said all offers and rejections will be out latest by today. If it doesnt happen, i guess we will have to wait till the end of april which is what we were told at the end of interview

Which is just too long right?
Original post by shyaamb
Which is just too long right?

not really considering the amount of time those interviewed in january have waited
not really considering the amount of time those interviewed in january have waited

Makes sense, we were interviewed later so we get it later. But still, thats when exams start.
Original post by shyaamb
Makes sense, we were interviewed later so we get it later. But still, thats when exams start.

But i think it should take significantly shorter time for them to decide which internationals to send offer to since the number is not even one fifth the number of offers sent to uk/eu applicants. Well that really sucks. I have been trying to reach the admission office but they just tell me my application is still under consideration without telling when, roughly, we could hear back. Sorry cause that sort of answer doesnt help at all.
unconditional offer
Original post by vicmed
Just a track update, i reckon they might have posted letters today or we will recieve an email after easter!

oh god, the last letter they supposedly sent me never arrived :tongue:
Reply 1190
Any internationals heard back yet? Almost literally ****ting myself D:
Original post by TingA
Any internationals heard back yet? Almost literally ****ting myself D:

yeah i have heard back just about 5 minutes ago
But i think it should take significantly shorter time for them to decide which internationals to send offer to since the number is not even one fifth the number of offers sent to uk/eu applicants. Well that really sucks. I have been trying to reach the admission office but they just tell me my application is still under consideration without telling when, roughly, we could hear back. Sorry cause that sort of answer doesnt help at all.

Well, Congrats on that offer!!
Reply 1193
yeah i have heard back just about 5 minutes ago

Congrats! Now I just gotta wait for my UCAS to update :X
Reply 1194
Guys remember that something can change on your ucas track but sometimes it can take up to 24hours for you to be able to see it in your track/get an email about it, so hang tight you may hear between now and tomorrow!
unconditional offer

congrats :smile:
Hi,

To any current med students at QUB, would you be able to give your opinions of the course and life at QUB?

Reply 1197
I got an unconditional offer, but the UCAS email said I am classed as a GB student even though I was born, educated and worked in NI until I moved temporarily to Scotland a few months ago for work... Does this sound right? Does anyone know who the best person would be to query this with? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by spr86
I got an unconditional offer, but the UCAS email said I am classed as a GB student even though I was born, educated and worked in NI until I moved temporarily to Scotland a few months ago for work... Does this sound right? Does anyone know who the best person would be to query this with? Thanks! :smile:

Admissions and/or finance at Queens. Quite probably they only see your address. What student finance are you applying through? That will be an issue too
Reply 1199
Received an unconditional offer.
Is anyone else the same and from belfast and wAnting to move into halls? I've heard it's very unlikely to get accommodation because I live close. It's the only thing that puts me off going to queens.

i have other offers from Liverpool, Dundee and Bristol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending