The Student Room Group

No luck with University this year so it seems

Hi Guys,

I got a Distinction star for ICT Level 3 and a Merit for Travel and tourism level 3 and been rejected sadly by both my choices because i did not get "280" i got something like 220 or 240 , And since my field of study is Computer science or computer systems i find it really upsetting that i got the highest ICT level 3 national grade and a Merit in Travel and cant get a University place :frown: they wanted me to get a Distinction in Travel and Tourism not a Merit because that would have boosted me up to 280, Now i applied yesterday for 3 clearing courses but all ended up coming back as "Full up" or "I have not got enough Ucas points" and was wondering if anybody could give me advise ? Does anybody know any university's that would take me on with "220 or 240 Ucas points" for a computer related course eg: Computer science or Computer systems" and still have places available for this year? as otherwise that means i have to go to college for this year and do a subject to get more points , but really want to go university this year :frown:

Kind Regards

Raymond
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by leyland1195
Hi Guys,

I got a Distinction stafor ICT Level 3 and a Merit for Travel and tourism level 3 and been rejected sadly by both my choices because i did not get "280" i got something like 220 or 240 , And since my field of study is Computer science or computer systems i find it really upsetting that i got the highest ICT level 3 national grade and a Merit in Travel and cant get a University place :frown: they wanted me to get a Distinction in Travel and Tourism not a Merit because that would have boosted me up to 280, Now i applied yesterday for 3 clearing courses but all ended up coming back as "Full up" or "I have not got enough Ucas points" and was wondering if anybody could give me advise ? Does anybody know any university's that would take me on with "220 or 240 Ucas points" for a computer related course eg: Computer science or Computer systems" and still have places available for this year? as otherwise that means i have to go to college for this year and do a subject to get more points , but really want to go university this year :frown:

Kind Regards

Raymond

Computing is available at sheffield hallam with 240 UCAS points?
http://www.shu.ac.uk/prospectus/course/772/entry/
They still have other computing courses available too but theyve listed higher clearing entry but you could still phone amd try?
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by amspawforth
Computing is available at sheffield hallam with 240 UCAS points?
http://www.shu.ac.uk/prospectus/course/772/entry/
They still have other computing courses available too but theyve listed higher clearing entry but you could still phone amd try?
Good luck!

Thanks :smile: , I will give them a ring and see what i can do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending