The Student Room Group

UCL Medical School 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Do u guys notice that when you log in portico of UCL, there is sth called "point of entry". What does it mean ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iulz
I'm really worried, I thought January interviews were for gap years/grads/internationals so why are they giving them to year 13s? It makes me think that they've handed out all their grad interviews :/

yeah me too :frown:
I am hoping they will give out some more over the next few days.
Hey, I also got an interview yesterday for the 21st of January and am in year 13.
My stats are:
GCSE: 5.5 A*'s, 3 A's and 2 B's
AS: 4 A's
A2 predictions: A* A* A* A
BMAT: 5.7, 4.9 and 3.5A
Barely any work experience compared to everyone else on here but a good personal statement.
Just thought this might give some of you more hope as I don't have great gcse's or a good BMAT but managed to get an interview, so they really do take a holistic approach.
Has anyone received an interview BMAT scores seriously close to or less than the UCL average? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you contacted by email if you get an interview offer? I'm applying from Ireland, is there any rough timeline for when I'll find out if I got one or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah you get an email asking you to interview which you respond to on portico. Also if you look at the average bmat results for previous admissions cycles they tend to be average or slightly above, however there is obviously lots of people who get places with way higher than the average bmat score which is shown by this group alone, therefor it stands to reason that people must get interviews with below average scores to balance it out. I haven't heard of anyone with low scores getting an interview yet but mine are lower than most other peoples on here and it is still early days. If you have good a-levels and a good personal statement i'm sure you will be fine. I also think that if you get an email asking for further information you stand a good chance of receiving an interview, it isn't just random as i got an email asking for more information and i found on a previous UCL student room chat that someone received an email from UCL saying they only ask if they are considering interviewing you.
Original post by kellywyatt
Yeah you get an email asking you to interview which you respond to on portico. Also if you look at the average bmat results for previous admissions cycles they tend to be average or slightly above, however there is obviously lots of people who get places with way higher than the average bmat score which is shown by this group alone, therefor it stands to reason that people must get interviews with below average scores to balance it out. I haven't heard of anyone with low scores getting an interview yet but mine are lower than most other peoples on here and it is still early days. If you have good a-levels and a good personal statement i'm sure you will be fine. I also think that if you get an email asking for further information you stand a good chance of receiving an interview, it isn't just random as i got an email asking for more information and i found on a previous UCL student room chat that someone received an email from UCL saying they only ask if they are considering interviewing you.

Not particularly true, I got asked last year for extra information around this time but got rejected. This year I have improved my application but still haven't heard anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any internationals heard back recently? I'm really freaking out because it seems most internationals got an invite earlier and now they are moving on to local students. My BMAT was 6.8. 6.9 3.5B. It seems they really care about section 3 because almost everyone who has got an invite has had at least 3.5A in section 3 and most have had 4A.
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Not particularly true, I got asked last year for extra information around this time but got rejected. This year I have improved my application but still haven't heard anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I think you may have misunderstood, or i didn't make it very clear. I wasn't saying that them asking you for information guarantees you an interview but I do think it means they are interested in you and using the extra information they will either move you up or down on their ranking. If you know your AS UMS and work experience is good then i think you stand a pretty good chance of being invited to interview. I don't think the UCL admissions team would send something untrue, so I don't think it is a random selection, but i may be wrong :smile:
Original post by santabanta554
Any internationals heard back recently? I'm really freaking out because it seems most internationals got an invite earlier and now they are moving on to local students. My BMAT was 6.8. 6.9 3.5B. It seems they really care about section 3 because almost everyone who has got an invite has had at least 3.5A in section 3 and most have had 4A.

Seems like it, my section 1 and 2 are pretty similar to yours and ive been predicted a high score in IB as well, and so im guessing thats probably the biggest factor :frown: really hoping to hear back from UCL....
Sorry I think you may have misunderstood, or i didn't make it very clear. I wasn't saying that them asking you for information guarantees you an interview but I do think it means they are interested in you and using the extra information they will either move you up or down on their ranking. If you know your AS UMS and work experience is good then i think you stand a pretty good chance of being invited to interview. I don't think the UCL admissions team would send something untrue, so I don't think it is a random selection, but i may be wrong :smile:

They did say its random

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 391
i found on a previous UCL student room chat that someone received an email from UCL saying they only ask if they are considering interviewing you.

Ooh do you have a link by any chance? :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by iulz
Ooh do you have a link by any chance? :smile:

It's not true at all - UCL send out random requests for information to random samples of students. I hadn't been asked for any information yet received an interview last week and as someone said previously there are many people who get a request but receive a rejection. It's presumably their way of standardising application and compiling statistics, also probably a way of putting people off from lying in their PS as it says on their website that they seek to verify truthfulness in applications.
Anyone else get the automated portico email? I registered a while ago and I'm worried I messed something up.
i got it too :smile:
Original post by jungykang
Anyone else get the automated portico email? I registered a while ago and I'm worried I messed something up.

I got it too! Im guessing we don't have to reregister or anything right?
Original post by jungykang

Same. They said there had been a change in my application status. But I checked, nothing had changed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also got it but I think we don't need to worry. The email is identical to one they sent us a while ago and if you have already registered I'm pretty sure the ID number is already taken up. I guess we can email them for further information.
i logged onto mine and everything seems fine so I think its a system error. People who did not apply to UCL also got the email lol.
Reply 399
Hmm, now for me, Imperial have messed up, Keele have MAJORLY messed up (Sent every applicant a rejection from the nursing and midwifery school... across all subjects, even midwifery XD) and now UCL? What's going on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending