The Student Room Group

UCL Medical School 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Debo1996
Is it possible to firm a uni without receiving all your decisions or do you need to wait for all of your choices to get back to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to wait for all of your choices to respond, which is annoying when you already know which one you want to firm :/
Original post by Peregrine falcon
You have to wait for all of your choices to respond, which is annoying when you already know which one you want to firm :/

Ikr

Posted from TSR Mobile
For people applying for accomodation, is it online or is it a paper form or well basically how are you doing it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't have to have the hep B vaccination course completed for the occupational health form, you only have to be vaccinated (or still undergoing vaccination I guess) by the time the course starts in September. I've handed in my form and I'm getting my vaccination next week hopefully, so there's no issues with handing it in before all the vaccines are done :smile:

Okay thanks a lot! :smile:
Original post by scienceobsessed
For people applying for accomodation, is it online or is it a paper form or well basically how are you doing it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's online, you fill in a questionnaire of sorts which they use to allocate you to accommodation
Could someone post a little more about the accommodation application form? Do you have to rank what's most important eg. en-suite or whatever?

Also, is there a section for special requirements e.g. needing an en-suite or disabled access room?

Think I'm going to firm UCL, but that information would be helpful!
Hey guys I'm reading medicine at Cambridge ama
You don't have to have the hep B vaccination course completed for the occupational health form, you only have to be vaccinated (or still undergoing vaccination I guess) by the time the course starts in September. I've handed in my form and I'm getting my vaccination next week hopefully, so there's no issues with handing it in before all the vaccines are done :smile:

When you emailed them the form, did they send you a confirmation email or anything to let you know that they recieved your form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you emailed them the form, did they send you a confirmation email or anything to let you know that they recieved your form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did get an email confirming that they had received it and a later email with the outcome of the health screening based on the questionnaire, so I'm assuming they do confirm receipt of the form for everyone
Original post by Cat1996
Could someone post a little more about the accommodation application form? Do you have to rank what's most important eg. en-suite or whatever?

Also, is there a section for special requirements e.g. needing an en-suite or disabled access room?

Think I'm going to firm UCL, but that information would be helpful!

You do get to rank your most important factor but unfortunately an en suite isn't one of them. It's more along the lines of music facilities, catered or not, that kind of thing. There is a page were you fill out details of any special requirements you might have though, so they'll use them for consideration for sure
I did get an email confirming that they had received it and a later email with the outcome of the health screening based on the questionnaire, so I'm assuming they do confirm receipt of the form for everyone

How long did they take to get back to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You do get to rank your most important factor but unfortunately an en suite isn't one of them. It's more along the lines of music facilities, catered or not, that kind of thing. There is a page were you fill out details of any special requirements you might have though, so they'll use them for consideration for sure

Ah great, thank you! Glad to know they take that into account, makes life a lot easier :smile:
How long did they take to get back to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They confirmed receipt of the form the next day and responded with the result of the screening the week after. They only seem to work Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays though, based on the times they'd listed themselves as available in the confirmation of receipt email they send
Original post by liass
Yeah mine are pretty much the same. I liked how the Imperial students were really confident and seemed really cheerful and fun.

I think I will got for Imperial overall, but what I like about UCL is they have Great Ormond Street Hospital which would be really good to work in

I finally firmed Imperial yesterday after a lot of thinking (and rejected UCL)! What did you decide in the end?
Reply 1595
Original post by tmahmud
I finally firmed Imperial yesterday after a lot of thinking (and rejected UCL)! What did you decide in the end?

Firmed Imperial, Cambridge deferred as insurance :smile: felt horrible rejecting UCL though it was so lovely
ucl or imperial? why? thankyouuu
Does anyone know if UCL tend to let people in if they just miss their offer? Or is the A*AA absolutely firm and they won't accept you if you miss this?
Original post by WeirdF
Does anyone know if UCL tend to let people in if they just miss their offer? Or is the A*AA absolutely firm and they won't accept you if you miss this?

Probably depends on how many people missed their offer and how many places they've got etc.
Original post by WeirdF

It varies year by year. I know of people that have been let in when they've just missed their offer however I also know of some years where the didn't let in anyone who didn't get their offer grade!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending