The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idorsey
How long did it take people to get offers back from Leeds and Birmingham???

It took about a week and a couple of days from both for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Applied to :
Oxford
UCL
Edinburgh
Durhum
Exeter

Acknowledgments, Admissions tests and notification of recieveing my written work. Apart from that, I do not have a single offer and I am begining to worry just a little especially because I have sent my application over 6 weeks ago and I know Exeter have been giving offers out for everything including History like wildfire!!
I applied on Sunday for History at Edinburgh, Bristol, Southampton, Kent and Newcastle.
No offers yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
I just got an Unconditional offer for Leicester!!!! + a conditional offer from Kent, I am over the moon right now I only sent off my application a week ago, so excited!! Still waiting for Exeter, Southampton and Birmingham to reply :smile:
Reply 104
Has anyone heard from Durham or UCL yet?
You should all definitely choose Birmingham! I do History here now and couldn't recommend it more :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by Dorms
Has anyone heard from Durham or UCL yet?
I've applied to both and have only received the essay from UCL so far
Reply 107
Original post by izz345
I've applied to both and have only received the essay from UCL so far

Same here! Are you applying for straight history?
Applied to Queen Mary, Loughborough, Kent, Hertfordshire and Chester. Got offers from all except Queen Mary - interview on Wednesday so fingers crossed it all goes well! :smile:
Reply 109
Original post by Dorms
Same here! Are you applying for straight history?

Yep!! Straight history at Durham and UCL (but with a year abroad) and then I've also applied for the Russian and eastern european history course at UCL too. You?
What is the essay from ucl? I have received a questionnaire but no essay?
Original post by death gazer
Applied to :
Oxford
UCL
Edinburgh
Durhum
Exeter

Acknowledgments, Admissions tests and notification of recieveing my written work. Apart from that, I do not have a single offer and I am begining to worry just a little especially because I have sent my application over 6 weeks ago and I know Exeter have been giving offers out for everything including History like wildfire!!

Last year my mate applied for Edinburgh and they gave him an offer on the last possible day (Feb 15th or something?!?) Oxford is always late as is Durham. I dont know about history but someone I know who applied for Economics at UCL got a late offer last year.

Dont know about Exeter but I have applied there today so I hope they don't make us wait too long.

So basically you could be in for a wait!
Got an offer from ucl for german and history ☺️
I've applied to Manchester Metropolitan, Huddersfield, Liverpool John Moores and Sheffield Hallam for History and then Manchester for American Studies. Got offers from the first 3, anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lustforlife
Hey guys!
Are there any aspiring historians out there applying for History (or something similar) this year for next year entry?

What are everyone's 5 options? Have you all started your personal statements yet?

Mine are:
Leeds
Birmingham
UCL
Warwick
Southampton

Here's the History connect/stalking Page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:

hey! i'm applying for History and Philosophy at :

1. Royal Holloway
2. Cardiff
3. Reading
4. Roehampton
5. Nottingham Trent

Had offers from roehampton, NTU and Cardiff. Still waiting to hear from Royal Holloway and Reading. Sent application off 2 weeks ago :smile:
Reply 115
Anything from Edinburgh?
Had acknowledgements and one offer from my application so far!
Liverpool - History and Politics
Leicester - History and Politics
Swansea - History and Politics
Swansea - American studies and History
Demontfort - History and Politcs *Offer received*
I got ABBB last year and applied to do straight history at:
King's
Southampton
Royal Holloway
Hertfordshire
Brunel

Got offers from all but King's so far
Reply 118
Has anyone had a History offer from Leeds? If so, how long did you have to wait to receive one after your UCAS had been submitted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cjmro
Has anyone had a History offer from Leeds? If so, how long did you have to wait to receive one after your UCAS had been submitted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my UCAS off November 17th and got an offer from Leeds on December 4th... so however long that is haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending