The Student Room Group

Funny/Hilarious Personal Statements . . .

Now is the time of year most, if not all, year 13 students will be dreading and literally pulling their hair out, trying to perfect that beloved personal statement. So in order to lighten the mood (and also make us feel a tiny bit better about our own statements :biggrin:), I thought maybe you lot could share some funny or absolutely atrocious personal statements. Here's one I found (it seems like an obvious troll though lol)

"Eighty percent of success is showing up." I feel this attitude correctly demonstrates my passion for Literature where, indeed, you on;ly have to "turn up" and read the books nto fuly under stand the topic. I was form captain in year 7, indicating my sense of responsibvility. I enjoyed the challenge of my duties which included fetching the register and making people sign up for sports days. Also this year I was voted head girl because I made the most hilarious speech ever. This demonstrates my astonihsing ski;l at creative and persuavive writing. My favourite book is Twilight because of the deep plot and three-dimensional characters. I feel that the series really has some very new to say about society and the current global economy, even though many children who read the book will not understand this this does widen the target audience admirably. I feel my passion for this series will really help me for expending oxbridghe where i will have to have passion for all sorts of things and people. For after all, is passion not an importnat part of university?

When I start a new book I feel like I am forging a new relationship with that book. i begin to learn the language and words and sentences used and it learns about me. the metaphors within it fill me with a kind of ecstacy I experience with nothing else. Slowly the pleasure I experience grows. By the time I reach the novel's climax I feel as if I am the oinly person who has ever known the book in this way, this is the most perfect feeling I have as yet experienced! And, after the climax, I feel almost as if I have been used, a mere vehicl. for the pleasure of reading, yet older and wiser than before.

Last year i did five days work experience at a Macdonalds.This taught me how to handle money and deal with the public both of which I think will be very useful when i study english and have to talk to people and have them buy books off me. I've been intersted in literature since my mother read Shakespear to me in the womb. As such I have always liked Titus Andronicus in particular because of the parallels of being in one's stomach. Also you think I've misspelt Shakespear but that was actually how he spelt it if you look it up so there!

I tried to do the DoE bronze award last year but you have to walk for 15 miles and it's like really hard so I haven't done it yet but I'm going to do it which is an example of my perseverence. Occasioanlly I go dancing which is an art form much like english so I think it compliments it.

"Atticus said you never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and run off with them." This quote aptly expresses my feelings about english books and literature. In particular it shows how you can fully understand an author by taking his words and making them express a part of yourself.in this way literature makes us better human beings, this is why I want to study it.
I won't single any out but if you have the patience, there are nuggets of comedy gold in here:

http://www.studential.com/personalstatements/
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I won't single any out but if you have the patience, there are nuggets of comedy gold in here:

http://www.studential.com/personalstatements/

For anyone who wants to read the best personal statement on that link, go on to the Agriculture personal statement and read the one about "shaun the sheep". Surprised that person didnt get all his/her offers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by wizard101
For anyone who wants to read the best personal statement on that link, go on to the Agriculture personal statement and read the one about "shaun the sheep". Surprised that person didnt get all his/her offers.

Oh god I'm dead :') :tongue:
Reply 4
I love the studential trolls, I'm surprised they don't read them before allowing an upload? http://www.studential.com/bio/getps.asp?ps=2481&view=subject
Original post by __Adam__
I love the studential trolls, I'm surprised they don't read them before allowing an upload? http://www.studential.com/bio/getps.asp?ps=2481&view=subject

Oh my god this made my day

Quick Reply

Latest