The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mmq02
I think the interviews can be held any time between feb and april :smile:

Thanks hopefully closer to April then I've been so busy x

Lilyshea you've plenty of time you are still young but yeah I know what you mean if it's something you have your heart set on you want to get stuck in!! Have you thought about a hnd in health and social care as a back up plan? That would be another route to sw x
No. I came out of work to pursue. SW. and I have kids so don't want to studying forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone :smile:

I have just finished my 600 statement for queens 2 year social work course. Ive applied for Magee too and a couple of more universities in Scotland. Hope everyone does well :biggrin: I'm 23, and just graduated from jordanstown, tried to get into social work a couple of years ago but failed, so fingers crossed for this year!!! and if i get into either uni I will be travelling from Banbridge.

Hopefully we can all help each other, so if anyone needs it, feel free to ask :redface:
Reply 45
Hey guys how long did you have to wait to hear about sharing information and then being asked to submit the 600 word statement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
About a week on sharing info. Then a week for another sharing info. Then the personal state a week later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all, I've applied to both 2 and 3 year Uni courses and the 3 year at BMC. Graduated from Queens with a degree in Social Policy and Sociology in July there but wasn't successful in getting into social work in September 2014. Fingers crossed for this year!!!
Reply 48
Original post by cfearon149
Hi all, I've applied to both 2 and 3 year Uni courses and the 3 year at BMC. Graduated from Queens with a degree in Social Policy and Sociology in July there but wasn't successful in getting into social work in September 2014. Fingers crossed for this year!!!

You'll have a good idea of what to expect this year then with the interviews :smile: Which is your preferred uni? I'm hoping for queens but would be so happy with either!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unfortunately I didn't get through to the interview stage last year. My own fault probably as I only applied to one course. I tried after A Levels and had an interview then but it's changed since then I think. Hoping for Queens because I live close to it, and I know the Uni lol
Has anyone heard back about interviews yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you done the second personal statement?
Yes sent bk early last week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your well ahead then I've only received my letter about sharing information lol
Original post by cfearon149
Your well ahead then I've only received my letter about sharing information lol

Me too.
I will cry for a year if I don't at least get interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone

Ive applied to Social Work at Queens, just sent my sharing info and copy of my HND certs back on thursday there. really hope I get in or at least get an interview.

Bernie..
This is my third time applying, have only got to the interview one time before. It's very competitive
Oh I know this is my second time applying cfearon, so fingers crossed. Have you done second statement yet? have you applied for queens? I only applied there I didnt apply for anywere else.
Reply 59
Hey guys, :smile:

sent my second personal statement in last week.. so nervous eee! Wonder how long it will take to hear back, waiting kills me haha

Quick Reply

Latest