The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone have any ideas whether Thames AFP accepts letters as a full publication on their scoring system? Says "original research" on the website, but it's suitably vague as to what they want!
Original post by Sanjetti
Anyone have any ideas whether Thames AFP accepts letters as a full publication on their scoring system? Says "original research" on the website, but it's suitably vague as to what they want!

If you have a look on the AFP website, they outline what is accepted as a paper. Presumably, Thames follow what the AFP consider to be proper papers?
Original post by King Newt
If you have a look on the AFP website, they outline what is accepted as a paper. Presumably, Thames follow what the AFP consider to be proper papers?

Oh I haven't seen that on the AFP website yet! Whereabouts can I find it, if you know?
Reply 83
Any idea when we will hear from Cambridge AFP if we were successfully shortlisted?
Reply 84
Hey, I'm applying for Scotland AFP this year also and it hasn't given me the opportunity to fill out white space questions either. Suppose it's one less thing to do but also less chance to talk about the extra stuff you've done!
Original post by morphdoc
Any idea when we will hear from Cambridge AFP if we were successfully shortlisted?

Shortlisting is 22-31 October 2014. Interviews are 24, 25 & 26 November 2014. So presumably we hear some time between these dates. I think if you don't get an interview they just ignore you until January or something like that.
Original post by keiran91
Hey, I'm applying for Scotland AFP this year also and it hasn't given me the opportunity to fill out white space questions either. Suppose it's one less thing to do but also less chance to talk about the extra stuff you've done!

If you are being serious here, I think you should contact them urgently as you should have had white space questions for Scotland. There was a problem with this but it should have been fixed for you.
Reply 87
Original post by keiran91

To continue from what Differential has pointed out, have a further read through this thread. There was an initial problem with FPAS for the Scottish AFP which was later corrected. There were 4 white space questions this year for Scottish AFP which i've posted a few pages back. If your post isn't a joke, you should probably get in touch with someone.
Reply 88
Would anyone happen to know if people have started receiving interview offers for Scotland AFP yet? sitting here twiddling my thumbs, apparently we are shortlisted from the 20th to the 31st

Kieren, definitely agree with other members and please do get in touch with the Scotish school, hope it works out ok with your application, let us know how things go
Reply 89
Original post by Cannula
Would anyone happen to know if people have started receiving interview offers for Scotland AFP yet? sitting here twiddling my thumbs, apparently we are shortlisted from the 20th to the 31st

No one has received interview offers for Scotland AFP yet as far as I am aware :frown:

I'd also seen the "shortlisted from the 20th to the 31st" dates on their website and thought we would hear this week, I'm guessing now it could be tomorrow or maybe they are running late and it won't be until next week!
Reply 90
Original post by KF99
No one has received interview offers for Scotland AFP yet as far as I am aware :frown:

I'd also seen the "shortlisted from the 20th to the 31st" dates on their website and thought we would hear this week, I'm guessing now it could be tomorrow or maybe they are running late and it won't be until next week!

haha thanks! I was wondering if I missed it because I haven't heard back either. I do wonder if they are running late because they don't seem to have given themselves much time to actually go through the applications and shortlist the candidates. Good Luck! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone heard anything from Cambridge yet?

Tomorrow is the last day of 'shortlisting' according to their website!

DDx:
- ? rejection
- #impendingrejection
- #UCAS2009alloveragain
Nothing from Cambridge AFP as of yet, but it does seem likely that they'll get back to us soon - given that their interviews are a little over 3 weeks away...
Original post by i'm no superman

DDx:
- ? rejection
- #impendingrejection
- #UCAS2009alloveragain

Haha reminds me of your UCAS '09 breakdowns all over again :tongue:

Those were the days man :moon:
Original post by i'm no superman

DDx:
- ? rejection
- #impendingrejection
- #UCAS2009alloveragain

I think I genuinely have PTSD about UCAS 2009.

:nothing:

Good memories though in retrospect.
Reply 95
I've got an interview for Scotland AUoA!

...now the interview prep stress begins!
Reply 96
Nothing from Cambridge yet. Ah, I can almost feel the bitter taste of rejection....
Original post by morphdoc
Nothing from Cambridge yet. Ah, I can almost feel the bitter taste of rejection....

Same here! Though an outright rejection from Cambridge AFP wouldn't be that insulting, given they have previously rejected people with PhDs w/o interview.
Reply 98
Original post by King Newt
Same here! Though an outright rejection from Cambridge AFP wouldn't be that insulting, given they have previously rejected people with PhDs w/o interview.

Had few friends w/o PhD and publications who got interview at Cambridge...

It's about the answers for the white box questions, I think mine were too "standard"...
So are the interviews for Cambridge out then? Does anyone know people who received some? I am afraid I haven't heard anything either...

Latest

Trending

Trending