The Student Room Group

Now they are firebombing Churches.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2006/09/16/1848554-ap.html
"2 West Bank churches hit by firebombs over pope comments
By ALI DARAGHMEH

NABLUS, West Bank (AP) - Two West Bank churches were hit by firebombs early Saturday, and a group claiming responsibility said it was protesting what many Muslims view as disparaging remarks about Islam by Pope Benedict XVI.

Relations between Palestinian Muslims and Christians are generally peaceful, and the attacks on an Anglican and a Greek Orthodox church in the West Bank city of Nablus sparked concern about sudden tensions. "

Religion of Peace at work.

Scroll to see replies

Religion of peace is an oxymoron. Peace will never come out of something that promotes non-thinking, division and intolerance.
Reply 2
Religon of peace? Pull the other one!
Give me one good reason why this thread shouldn't be either deleted or merged with the existing one on this topic.
Reply 4
one_silly_person
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2006/09/16/1848554-ap.html
"2 West Bank churches hit by firebombs over pope comments
By ALI DARAGHMEH

NABLUS, West Bank (AP) - Two West Bank churches were hit by firebombs early Saturday, and a group claiming responsibility said it was protesting what many Muslims view as disparaging remarks about Islam by Pope Benedict XVI.

Relations between Palestinian Muslims and Christians are generally peaceful, and the attacks on an Anglican and a Greek Orthodox church in the West Bank city of Nablus sparked concern about sudden tensions. "

Religion of Peace at work.

Well, they must be as thick as **** then since the Orthodox Church hasn't had much to do with the Pope in almost a millenia and the Anglicans in almost 500 years. Dunces.:rolleyes:
Reply 5
They're also burning American and Israeli flags, despite neither of those countries being Catholic. :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Bismarck
They're also burning American and Israeli flags, despite neither of those countries being Catholic. :rolleyes:

But that's just par for the course anyway.
Reply 7
Howard
But that's just par for the course anyway.

Yeah, but they're not even burning any Vatican flags. It seems they're just using this as a chance to satisfy their anti-Western addiction.
Reply 8
Whatever works for them. The bottom line is that the line of devide will bode much worse for the Muslim community than any other. They want to self destruct? Let them.
they also killed a nun because of it.
let the muslims and christians slughter each other (as they did centuries ago) and get rid of the two biggest secular religions going.
Reply 10
Cadre_Of_Storms
they also killed a nun because of it.
let the muslims and christians slughter each other (as they did centuries ago) and get rid of the two biggest secular religions going.

WTF is a "secular religion":confused:
Reply 11
Howard
WTF is a "secular religion":confused:

Perhaps it's a misunderstanding by the poster of the word 'secular'.

Secular - not concerned with religion.
Reply 12
These muslims are just starting to go over the top with all this now! (well they always do!) All my muslim friends don't even care what the Pope said, yet these Muslims are just starting to raid churches...It's so stupid. The Pope did nothing violent against the Muslims or ordered any of them to be killed and burn down mosques. Yet they seem to think they have the right to do all of this!
Again, I hope they all kill themselves with their stampedes and the such. I believe it would make rather good telly.
Reply 14
They aren't real muslims!

Islam is a religion of peace (whatever history and facts tell us...), if you do not understand that, you are a bigoted racist!

The real evil is the west...*falls on floor frothing at mouth in the attempt to justify and ratify himself*

*End sarcasm*.
Reply 15
tehjonny
They aren't real muslims!

Islam is a religion of peace (whatever history and facts tell us...), if you do not understand that, you are a bigoted racist!

The real evil is the west...*falls on floor frothing at mouth in the attempt to justify and ratify himself*

Yes because Facts and History mean nothing :rolleyes:

Also what do you mean by the West being the real evil? :confused:
Jonny, your /sarcasm command is broken :frown:
Reply 17
Humra
Yes because Facts and History mean nothing :rolleyes:

Also what do you mean by the West being the real evil? :confused:

I was being sarcastic...parodying certain appeasers...
Reply 18
Fantasy scenario: Pope insults the Anglican Communion.

Consequence: Archbishop of Canterbury defends the religion in mild terms, couple of African bishops moan a bit... blows over in a day.

Meanwhile the alternative is this. It's a bloody disgrace.
yawn
Perhaps it's a misunderstanding by the poster of the word 'secular'.

Secular - not concerned with religion.

sorry my mistake i was very tired when i wrote it this morning. I meant the two main religions

Latest

Trending

Trending