The Student Room Group

Help please!

Ok, so there’s this summer camp that happens every year. Last year, I went with my church, and it was not as good as I hoped. My friends were all in bed at 11, they refused to join the activities, they complained all the time, and when I suggested going to make new friends, or at least leave the tent, they declined. This year, I was hoping to go with my friends youth group, but my sister is desperate to go with our church again. Her friend will be joining her, and they will both be in the younger dorm. I’ll be in the older dorm, with no one to talk to as they will all be asleep :frown:. I don’t know what to do, since my sister is adamant to stay with the church. I don’t want to be selfish and demand we do what I want, but at the same time, I don’t want a miserable start to the summer. What should I do? I need help please.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, so there’s this summer camp that happens every year. Last year, I went with my church, and it was not as good as I hoped. My friends were all in bed at 11, they refused to join the activities, they complained all the time, and when I suggested going to make new friends, or at least leave the tent, they declined. This year, I was hoping to go with my friends youth group, but my sister is desperate to go with our church again. Her friend will be joining her, and they will both be in the younger dorm. I’ll be in the older dorm, with no one to talk to as they will all be asleep :frown:. I don’t know what to do, since my sister is adamant to stay with the church. I don’t want to be selfish and demand we do what I want, but at the same time, I don’t want a miserable start to the summer. What should I do? I need help please.

Why can you not go with your friend's youth group and your sister with your church?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Why can you not go with your friend's youth group and your sister with your church?

My mum says it's too much hassle to go with seperate youth groups haha
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
My mum says it's too much hassle to go with seperate youth groups haha

What's the hassle? Travel, dates? Are the church group and youth group going at different times?
Original post by Anonymous #1

could you find people online going from other places to hang out with them whilst there I don't know - what's the name of this camp, by the way, because I might be going on one but not with a church?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending