The Student Room Group

Oxford college help urgent

Hi so I have three colleges in mind: Christ Church, Corpus Christi, and Balliol.
I want to study Law (Jurisprudence) but I am still deciding between colleges? I was really biased towards Christ Church but I have heard that people that do live there don't particularly like it? Meanwhile it is also quite hard to get accepted into Christ Church- based on statistics.
A bit about myself- I'm not a very social person unless I am put into the situation (I won't go out of my way to be extremely social but If the situation calls it then I will), I love libraries and I need a nice environment to study in, I love walking, AND ENSUITE ROOMS I CAN'T DEAL WITH SHARING BATHROOMS SADLY.

So does anyone have any advice in helping me pick maybe? or giving my recommendations please !!!!
Original post by politiczzgirl
Hi so I have three colleges in mind: Christ Church, Corpus Christi, and Balliol.
I want to study Law (Jurisprudence) but I am still deciding between colleges? I was really biased towards Christ Church but I have heard that people that do live there don't particularly like it? Meanwhile it is also quite hard to get accepted into Christ Church- based on statistics.
A bit about myself- I'm not a very social person unless I am put into the situation (I won't go out of my way to be extremely social but If the situation calls it then I will), I love libraries and I need a nice environment to study in, I love walking, AND ENSUITE ROOMS I CAN'T DEAL WITH SHARING BATHROOMS SADLY.

So does anyone have any advice in helping me pick maybe? or giving my recommendations please !!!!

Start by using this to identify any colleges in particular that meet all of the requirements you have in mind http://apply.oxfordsu.org/colleges/suggester/

If any of those three colleges come up, then they probably were the right choices from the start. If not, then you’ve probably got better options to look at.
Reply 2

https://apply.oxfordsu.org/colleges/suggester/

I have stayed in Balliol - sharedbathrooms
Reply 3
Original post by TypicalNerd
Start by using this to identify any colleges in particular that meet all of the requirements you have in mind http://apply.oxfordsu.org/colleges/suggester/

If any of those three colleges come up, then they probably were the right choices from the start. If not, then you’ve probably got better options to look at.

Christ Church comes up as top one but I am overthinking it since it's apparently hard to get into, in addition to people not liking it??
Christ Church comes up as top one but I am overthinking it since it's apparently hard to get into, in addition to people not liking it??

None of the colleges are easy to get into and they can reallocate you if you happen to have applied to an oversubscribed college. If you don’t apply to christ church college, then you’ve got (almost) zero chance of getting a place there.

The question is why do these people not like it at christ church college? Is there one underlying reason that would be enough to put you off?
All Oxford colleges are wonderful places to study, Christ Church is slightly more out of the way but Oxford itself is actually pretty small, I was able to walk across it in around 15 minutes.
Reply 6
Original post by TypicalNerd
None of the colleges are easy to get into and they can reallocate you if you happen to have applied to an oversubscribed college. If you don’t apply to christ church college, then you’ve got (almost) zero chance of getting a place there.

The question is why do these people not like it at christ church college? Is there one underlying reason that would be enough to put you off?

I'm not 100% sure, I just remember seeing it somewhere, someone said that the rep for Christ Church is that most students that live there don't particularly like being there?
Reply 7
Worcester has loads of Ensuite Rooms and great gardens ,.Lincoln and Oriel also have majority ensuites.Worcester seems your best bet.
I'm not 100% sure, I just remember seeing it somewhere, someone said that the rep for Christ Church is that most students that live there don't particularly like being there?

Then I would either completely ignore that heresay or take up @Scotney’s suggestion and give worcester a look.
Reply 9

It's actually not that hard as it is so self-selective. People tend to see it as elitist and avoid applying there, meaning that it is not as hard as it seems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending