The Student Room Group

Keep failing theory test?

In about a month it will be the fourth time I have done the theory test.
I have failed on the theory and hazard perception by 4 marks twice.

The question is what are the other best revision sources out there apart from the book and toptest.co.uk?

Thanks
:cool:
Reply 1
I passed my theory first time and I used the book called 'Theory Test' lol. It was the 2011 edition just lying around my house but by answering a few questions everyday from it and getting my parents to test me, it really helped. Used a lot of random apps on my tablet too and the AA website have quite useful resources too.
Good luck next time!
Reply 2
Buy this, revise and you will pass. Take my word for it, I used it and passed first time. Got 46/50 and 69 marks on the hazard perception.

Link here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Driving-Test-Success-Tests-2014/dp/1843265931/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412121216&sr=8-1&keywords=theory+test
Reply 3
If you failed 4 times then there's something seriously wrong with either your study method or medium.

What are you using to study?

Safest way to play it is to get the official DVD ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Official-DSA-Theory-Test-Kit-2014-2015-PC-MAC-DVD-Hazard-Perception-DVLA-CD-/371143702716?pt=UK_Computing_Software_Software_SR&hash=item5669e378bc ). The practice questions are almost identical to the ones they give you in the test. Just practice a subject a night till the answers are burned into your memory and take the practice tests whenever you have some spare time

As for the Hazard Perception, admittedly they don't make it too clear hence the massive leniency (44/75 to pass), but only one click per Hazard is necessary. It's even easier if you've been practicing driving for a while but I had a friend who passed his test long before he started taking lessons, and he just crammed my DVD a couple nights before his test

The test is way too easy and costs too much money to be taken any more than twice
I took my theory test two time as I didn't pass my driving test within the first two years of me passing the first theory test,but thankfully I passed my driving test 6 months ago now :smile:.

For the theory part of the test I find it more difficult,however obviously your only failing by 3/4 marks then it's possible to pass,35/40 is common sense however ten to fifteen questions are more difficult,what I did was race through the questions I definitely knew and saved the one's I didn't know until the end and flagged them,I'd probably get through the initial fifty questions in about fifteen minutes and then I spent about 20-25 minutes analysing the questions I wasn't as sure about,it's basically a memory test,if you practice the test more often than not then you'll remember the answers which is all you need to do.

As for Hazard perception I found it very easy in all honesty,the key I think is when you see the Hazard is to click 2-3 times in a very short space of time,my girlfriend had trouble with this but eventually this worked for her and she passed her test too,if you click just before the highest score possible of a 5 and don't click again during the clip you'll obviously get a score of 0,this is what kills people in terms of passing the test,if you can guarantee yourself at least 3 points a clip then you'll pass.

Try different methods as to what you think might work best for you and spend an hour a day or so practising,there's some good free theory test's online although I'm not sure about Hazard Perception.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending