The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No cause you still have the 3 As? It's when the fourth subject starts affecting your grades for the other 3 that you want to worry.
Reply 2
Thanks!! I'd thought this question would sound a bit obvious, but, after all, I'm an international student :wink:
It would only affect you if the course was really competitive and someone else got AAAA/AAAB. Otherwise it looks good that you've taken on an extra subject and got a respectable grade.
Law guy
Due to not having picked enough traditional subjects in my AS year I have to had to take on History independantly this year. I want to know however that will it look better if I take History at AS level and achieve, an A for example, or take on a full A level and get a C/B?

My other subjects are English lit (A) Double Busines (AA) and ICT (B and i'm dropping this for A-level)

Well, if you get AAA again next year in English lit and double business, you'll already have met the entry requirements, so I'd say an A at AS would look better. This is also because 4 full A-levels is a lot of work and history gets much harder between AS and A2, so doing it independently would have been even worse. I speak from experience; I got an A at AS and an E at A2, making a C overall at A-level :frown: The only problem is that some unis might only accept 1 grade from business rather than 2, so if you only took history to AS, you'd only have 2 A-levels and 2 AS levels. Check the entry requirements for the unis you're interested in to see if they have specific requirements.
Reply 5
Law guy
Due to not having picked enough traditional subjects in my AS year I have to had to take on History independantly this year. I want to know however that will it look better if I take History at AS level and achieve, an A for example, or take on a full A level and get a C/B?

My other subjects are English lit (A) Double Busines (AA) and ICT (B and i'm dropping this for A-level)
LSE and Cambridge blacklist business studies (so you also need two full A-levels which aren't on that list). Check with them, but if that includes your Double Business, you'll have to take History to full A2.

If everwhere you're applying is happy with the Business and English as three A-levels (sorry, this is obv assuming you're applying to one/both of them or another place that doesn't accept double business (is this a VCE Double award? Not everywhere accepts them)), then I would say only take History AS - less work so less danger of dragging your other grades down, and you'd end up with AAAab.

Like Kellywood said, check very carefully with each university before you apply.

Latest

Trending

Trending