The Student Room Group

Should I Even Bother Applying to These Universities? Would I Be Seen as Competitive??

Hi everyone,
I want to apply to KCl, Warwick and maybe UCL to read law. I’m doing the Cambridge international A-levels (as I’m an international student), and I’ve done my AS exams. I’m currently predicted AAA*-AA*A* for final results. My subjects are English literature, maths and chemistry, and I should mention I’m predicted an A* for literature. I know I meet the entry requirements, but the thing is, I got AAAC for AS exams with the C in economics, but I’ve dropped the subject already. On all these universities’ websites, they do mention specifically that they look at the ‘best of three’ subjects. However, I’m wondering if the C grade at AS will make me less competitive or if it won’t matter at all as I’ve met the prerequisite of A*AA. Would I even stand a chance of getting in. It was impossible to get on the phone with KCL, but I did ring up several Cambridge colleges and asked them about it, and all of them explained that a C in AS didn’t matter and as long as I had A*AA I would be a competitive applicant. If this is the case, should I even apply to Cambridge? Or should I not even bother applying to any of the unis I mentioned in this post? I’d appreciate anyone’s advice on this matter! Thanks!
Original post by Abigailmarieeee
Hi everyone,
I want to apply to KCl, Warwick and maybe UCL to read law. I’m doing the Cambridge international A-levels (as I’m an international student), and I’ve done my AS exams. I’m currently predicted AAA*-AA*A* for final results. My subjects are English literature, maths and chemistry, and I should mention I’m predicted an A* for literature. I know I meet the entry requirements, but the thing is, I got AAAC for AS exams with the C in economics, but I’ve dropped the subject already. On all these universities’ websites, they do mention specifically that they look at the ‘best of three’ subjects. However, I’m wondering if the C grade at AS will make me less competitive or if it won’t matter at all as I’ve met the prerequisite of A*AA. Would I even stand a chance of getting in. It was impossible to get on the phone with KCL, but I did ring up several Cambridge colleges and asked them about it, and all of them explained that a C in AS didn’t matter and as long as I had A*AA I would be a competitive applicant. If this is the case, should I even apply to Cambridge? Or should I not even bother applying to any of the unis I mentioned in this post? I’d appreciate anyone’s advice on this matter! Thanks!
*KCL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending