The Student Room Group

Applying to uni with predicted grades

Hi guys!

Is it worth applying to a uni course that has a standard offer of A*AAA when you got AAAB for your predicted grades? I got an A in the subject that requires an A*
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
It depends. If you think that you genuinely are unlikely to actually get A*AAA then is it worth applying as even if you did get an offer you would be unlikely to achieve it? If you think that you will get A*AAA then do you think that this prediction is fair? Why do the teachers predict you less than what you believe that you will get? Can you talk to them and explain why you feel confident of the higher grades. Will they increase your predicted grades. If they won’t and there are extenuating circumstances then they can put that in their reference . If your predicted grades are significantly lower than the standard offer without any extenuating circumstances, then it is is very unlikely that you will get an offer.
Reply 2
Which course and which university? It’s almost unheard of to require 4 a levels.
Reply 3
I think the prediction is fair, but i am considering talking to them if i feel i can do better. I think it's unlikely for me to increase the A to and A* but i should be able to increase the B to an A.

What would you say is the threshold for grades that are 'significantly lower'? Like in my case being 2 grades away from the standard offer, is that considered too much of a risk?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Which course and which university? It’s almost unheard of to require 4 a levels.

Imperial to do a MEng in Mechanical Engineering, and it's not requiredbut they have this offer for 4 alevel students
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending