The Student Room Group

Do Russell Group unis consider offers lower than the entry requirement? (for Law)

I'm currently predicted AAA but I've noticed for Law most Russell unis require A*AA. I'm not sure they'll consider my grades.
(I am aware that there are some Russell group unis that do accept AAA so I will also apply to them.)
Reply 1
Do you mean might they make you an offer? Or were you to receive an offer for A*AA and get final grades of AAA might you be accepted?
Reply 2
Have you had a look at the unis’ contextual offer lists? They sometimes make lower offers/give extra consideration based on this criteria.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Do you mean might they make you an offer? Or were you to receive an offer for A*AA and get final grades of AAA might you be accepted?

I'm asking the first question.
Reply 4
Original post by Belle H
Have you had a look at the unis’ contextual offer lists? They sometimes make lower offers/give extra consideration based on this criteria.

I'm not eligible for a contextual offer but thank you for your reply.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by reastays
I'm asking the first question.

ok - that a bit of a tough one which varies a lot by course/ university. For law getting offers is more complicated than many other courses plus can also vary depending on LNAT score. Could you give an idea of which universities you are interested in? My suggestion would be that London universities are more over-subscribed than most others.
Reply 6
Original post by ajj2000
ok - that a bit of a tough one which varies a lot by course/ university. For law getting offers is more complicated than many other courses plus can also vary depending on LNAT score. Could you give an idea of which universities you are interested in? My suggestion would be that London universities are more over-subscribed than most others.

I was initially thinking of London unis but I think the chances of getting an offer is low. Now I'm thinking of Bristol, Warwick or Durham.
Reply 7
Original post by reastays
I was initially thinking of London unis but I think the chances of getting an offer is low. Now I'm thinking of Bristol, Warwick or Durham.

Cool. I think the issue with London unis (KCL, UCL and LSE in this case) is that they are very high ranking and get the London uplift in applications.

I'm wondering if you could read through the law applicants thread to get an idea of whether people with AAA predictions and no contextual benefits are receiving offers from the universities which attract you?

At least that allows a understanding of the chances of an offer.
Reply 8
Original post by ajj2000
Cool. I think the issue with London unis (KCL, UCL and LSE in this case) is that they are very high ranking and get the London uplift in applications.

I'm wondering if you could read through the law applicants thread to get an idea of whether people with AAA predictions and no contextual benefits are receiving offers from the universities which attract you?

At least that allows a understanding of the chances of an offer.

ok, thank you for your replies :smile:
Bristol and I believe Durham ask for LNAT. I suspect they wont drop their grades. Other RG universities might make reach offers if you are 1 grade below and wont require LNAT. I think they might be your better options although 1 or maybe 2 aspirational choices arent too bad provided you can handle rejections and have some safe choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending