The Student Room Group

Gossiped about someone and they found out

Ok, we all do it don't we? There's someone who does something to get on your nerves so you say something about them behind their back, your not a bad person, it's just spur of the moment annoyance. well this happened to me, except I did it over text and the guy I spoke to has now shown the person I was gossiping about. I wrote it last year, and on reflection, it comes across really bad. Anyway, I'll be blunt, I don't particularly like the person I gossiped about they're not very nice, but I'm at school trying to study for my exam and I really can't be dealing with the drama that I expect may ensue from this. Anyone got any advice? I was just gonna outright apologise but then I thought that might just stir things up a bit.
Reply 1
Original post by daviem
Ok, we all do it don't we? There's someone who does something to get on your nerves so you say something about them behind their back, your not a bad person, it's just spur of the moment annoyance. well this happened to me, except I did it over text and the guy I spoke to has now shown the person I was gossiping about. I wrote it last year, and on reflection, it comes across really bad. Anyway, I'll be blunt, I don't particularly like the person I gossiped about they're not very nice, but I'm at school trying to study for my exam and I really can't be dealing with the drama that I expect may ensue from this. Anyone got any advice? I was just gonna outright apologise but then I thought that might just stir things up a bit.

You are a bad person with bad grammar.
Reply 2
I would start by not gossiping. That's how enemies are made.

My friend recently left my school as she couldn't take the gossip that was circulating about her, even though it was just banter.
Original post by daviem

Should've thought twice before you opened your mouth. Or in your case, before you moved your thumbs over your smartphone's keyboard.
you deserve everything that cums to you :sexface:

What's the difference between gossip and scandal? So glad you asked, UES Forever. Anyone can commit a minor indiscretion and generate a day's worth of buzz. But in order for gossip to birth a true scandal, it requires the right person to be in the wrong place.
Spotted daviem frenemies going wrong, careful D, B and S are out of blood.

-XOXO Gossip Girl
Reply 5
Well I just called her up and apologised and it's all fine, so thanks anyway to anyone with helpful advice. Also, you can call me a bad person and any other name you want, but you cannot genuinely tell me that you've never gossiped about someone. At least I was trying to make amends for my mistake.
Reply 6
Original post by jenigma
Should've thought twice before you opened your mouth. Or in your case, before you moved your thumbs over your smartphone's keyboard.

Nokia 360
Original post by daviem
Well I just called her up and apologised and it's all fine, so thanks anyway to anyone with helpful advice. Also, you can call me a bad person and any other name you want, but you cannot genuinely tell me that you've never gossiped about someone. At least I was trying to make amends for my mistake.

Never gossiped about anyone. Always felt that they were beneath me - sure I listened to gossip, but never partaked in it. Only betas do that.

inb4 not cool
inb4 mirin
Original post by daviem
Nokia 360

That not a smartphone?
Damn that gives you plenty of time to think as well..
Reply 9
Original post by jenigma
That not a smartphone?
Damn that gives you plenty of time to think as well..

I'm fully aware it is not a smart phone.
Original post by daviem
I'm fully aware it is not a smart phone.

Apologise and learn your lesson :smile:
Depends if they'd take the apology in a good way though. Do they REALLY hate you?

Latest

Trending

Trending