The Student Room Group

I just need relationship advice

I’m 16 and have been dating my girlfriend for about a year and a half, which isn’t a lot but at this age feels pretty big. It doesn’t feel the same as it used to, and I don’t think I’m very happy with her anymore. I’m never excited to go out with her and stuff like that, but she still loves me a lot, or at least says so.
I’m just not happy with a lot of my social life to be honest, but I won’t get into it- Just generally a bit sad.
The thing is, me and my girlfriend have all the same friends, and I feel like if we broke up now, everyone would pick sides and they’d probably pick her side because she’s a lot more of a social butterfly (or a gossip but to each their own). My own closest friend has moved away so besides from her I’m not all that close to anyone else.
I already feel so alone with her and I think I’ll feel alone without her. I just don’t know what to do.

Sorry to go on a bit, any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’m 16 and have been dating my girlfriend for about a year and a half, which isn’t a lot but at this age feels pretty big. It doesn’t feel the same as it used to, and I don’t think I’m very happy with her anymore. I’m never excited to go out with her and stuff like that, but she still loves me a lot, or at least says so.
I’m just not happy with a lot of my social life to be honest, but I won’t get into it- Just generally a bit sad.
The thing is, me and my girlfriend have all the same friends, and I feel like if we broke up now, everyone would pick sides and they’d probably pick her side because she’s a lot more of a social butterfly (or a gossip but to each their own). My own closest friend has moved away so besides from her I’m not all that close to anyone else.
I already feel so alone with her and I think I’ll feel alone without her. I just don’t know what to do.

Sorry to go on a bit, any advice?

sounds like you two aren’t right for each other, if you think you’d be happier if you weren’t together, you shouldn’t be dating. she won’t appreciate you breaking up with her, but it’s the brave thing to do. breakups can turn into gossip, but if your friends would turn against you for breaking up with her, they aren’t necessarily good friends.

it sounds like you’re quite unhappy rn? know there’s lots of support out there, maybe try and broaden your friendgroup. keep your head up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending