The Student Room Group

what is the purpose of mose convos you have in a day?

are they to get info, to talk about emotions/ issues, to have fun and joke around, or something else?
i feel like i'm always trying to bring up deep problems when people just want to have a laugh and some fun gossip
it's more about reading the room and understanding the context ig. If you're close with that person or its a sentimental/similar vibe then deep conversations are acceptable.
Original post by useless-dismay
it's more about reading the room and understanding the context ig. If you're close with that person or its a sentimental/similar vibe then deep conversations are acceptable.

yh true true i'm usually all for light banter and gossip but i kinda have noone to talk to about this one thing rn and sometimes it accidentally slips out in casual conversation lol. ik that's pathetic and oversharing is annoying but i'm feeling so ******* lonely rn cos i don't have a bestfriend or so i can talk about stuff with atm...
it's pathetic ik
No idea what the other people's intentions are, my primary goal for most conversations I end up in is to get out of the conversation though.
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by neckbite
yh true true i'm usually all for light banter and gossip but i kinda have noone to talk to about this one thing rn and sometimes it accidentally slips out in casual conversation lol. ik that's pathetic and oversharing is annoying but i'm feeling so ******* lonely rn cos i don't have a bestfriend or so i can talk about stuff with atm...
it's pathetic ik

I feel like that rn too ngl. I don't feel comfortable telling my friends about problems I have. imo it's not pathetic bc wanting to vent and let your feelings out is totally normal. Venting to people who don't know me irl is so much easier or people i'm not close with because i most likely won't talk to them ever so their opinion doesn't really bother me. If you want i'm free to listen.
Original post by artful_lounger
No idea what the other people's intentions are, my primary goal for most conversations I end up in is to get out of the conversation though.

really?? I think conversation is one of the best things in life...
but that's the thing, sometimes i don't realise what the conversation was really about or what someone was really feeling or getting at until later in the day lol
Original post by useless-dismay
I feel like that rn too ngl. I don't feel comfortable telling my friends about problems I have. imo it's not pathetic bc wanting to vent and let your feelings out is totally normal. Venting to people who don't know me irl is so much easier or people i'm not close with because i most likely won't talk to them ever so their opinion doesn't really bother me. If you want i'm free to listen.

sorry you're in the same position ):
it's kind of an awful thing when you have friends but you've drifted apart or they've moved away and you don't fully understand each other anymore. i really don't want to vent on anyone, i want to just have a mutually supportive friendship, but i also feel so crap about everything rn that i don't want to bring someone down with my negativity... thanks for offering though. and you can vent to me if you like
Depends on the person, but in general I like to keep things light-hearted and upbeat.

The majority of my conversations with my partner, her family, and my family right now revolve around eviction, house hunting, and health issues. Deep conversations are stressful.

Quick Reply

Latest