The Student Room Group

just some thoughts

Last night, I arrived.
Yeah, no kidding. I came back to my father’s hometown, a small and remote area. I don’t know what I was thinking when I told my dad that I would like to come here. Strange, totally! But , I didn’t mean that I regret. I learned something that I would never ever acquire in the books in just one day, and it stuck so deep that I calculate that i won’t forget it during my whole lifespan. Reality is far different from what was in my mind, I have to admit now that I am such a naïve girl. Utopia is not real, never exist. You know ,before arriving, I believe that what I gonna see is definitely pure countryside love and clear environment with no pollution. However, things don’t work out this way, at least not like what I depicted secretly in my mind. People here seems to worry about money all the time and when they are talking , money is the best topic, which really loathes me. Money, oh, what a tacky word!
But I pity them ,and my sympathy sort of going to them after seeing where they live and the way they live. Frankly speaking, the way they conduct their lives absolutely stunned me and even made me admire them for some time. You would never blame them for bad behavior and indecent words for every reason but that the times and atmosphere didn’t give them good education. Maybe I should not be so sure about all this above as if I understand them so well, since, you know, true understanding ,after all, based on enough communication and acquaintance. However, on the other hand, as an outsider, I possibly see the hidden truth clearly than those who live here for an entire life.
Personally, what struck me most is the fact that my dad was once lived ,or put it more precisely, brought up in here. So unbelievable to me! I consider nobody who knows him now would ever guess that according to his honorable manners. The huge pressure he has been undertaking never appear in my head, oh, my god, I have been taking it for granted all the time! Three-day sojourn here in the small town nearly drive me mad , jesus , can you imagine what kind of tremendously great effort my dad made to achieve where he is now? no, I cannot. All these did nothing but let me hold more respect for my dad and all those who walk their own ways out of poverty all by admirable efforts and determined hearts. Everybody is hardworking and carrying on his life step by step , no matter successful or failed , rich or poor, good or bad. Time is ticking away silently, but they are calmly making their own stories , their own exciting but bitter-sweet experience day by day, year by year.
I still remember one sentence that I once read in an exquisite magazine , which could be a perfect ending for today’s diary:
“This is the day when I ceased to being a child and began to feel like the pain of adults.”
From what I can decipher of that, I don't think D&D is quite the forum you were aiming for.
Reply 2
WTF is this supposed to be?
lmao, if you can decipher that Howie....you're a genius. It all sounds obliquely profound though in a kind of far eastern, spiritual kind of way!
OP needs to start a blog
Reply 5
anyway:biggrin: , thanks for your suggestions.
Reply 6
I agree, Cindy. It's amazing, innit?
Reply 7
Howard
WTF is this supposed to be?
Howard, what does "WTF" mean ?
^WTF = Where's the fire ?

:eek:
Reply 9
this is a big load of ass!
Reply 10
hmm... nice story. I liked it. congrads to your dad for doing something with his life, instead of walloing in the pain and complaining to a soar ear. and to you for realization. many people live their life without becoming mature.
Reply 11
haha, whatever your opinon is , whether you agree with me or not, i just
like putting down thughts like that ,quite amusing ,you know.
maybe somebody out there share my feeling?
Reply 12
be pyro and feel the flame

Latest

Trending

Trending