The Student Room Group

Do you love your parents?

Poll

Do you love your parents?

After reading quite a few of the posts in H&R and their replies in subjects concerning parents: 'tell your parents to **** off', 'disown them' and 'overpower them' being examples, I was just wondering if people these days just didn't love their parents any more. And its not just love as well but respect. In a reply posted on H&R someone called their mother 'fat'. Now I don't know if thats just shocking to me but I could never call my mother fat, regardless of whether she was or not as I love and respect her too much for that. I've also got friends who constantly tell me how much they hate their dad and wish he would drop dead and are perfectly serious but when I ask them reasons they just reply that he doesn't give them money or let them go out. I was wondering what others think on the issue.
I wish my parents would die.
Reply 2
yes
Reply 3
*Mawkish thread warning*
Reply 4
The people who brought me up and cared for me, yeah, I love em :wink:
Reply 5
This probably belongs in H&R. Anyway. The only time I'm ever rude to my parents on purpose is when they're being rude to each other, so I have to tell Mum to just f***ing droop it or whatever if she's only going to p*ss Dad off. But I would still say I love them unconditionally; even though we fight quite a lot, far more than I do with friends, my girlfriend or brother (actually I haven't really fought with anyone of those). And I do like them. So none of the options really suits me.
Reply 6
no, i don't love or respect my dad.

i love my mum, but don't respect her. she always pandered to my dad.
Reply 7
Ferrus
*Mawkish thread warning*

ok, any suggestions for something to change it to?
i don't love my dad because he died a long time ago so i can't really feel that way about someone who i just don't know. i don't think that's a bad way to be, but i wouldn't tell my mum.

love my mum though. but she's a relatively easy person to love so it's not like it's really been tested that much.
Reply 9
Surely 'love them unconditionally' and 'love them but don't like them' are a bit to similar?

Any how....
I love both my parents, unconditionally, and forgive them for all their f*** ups. 'Tis worth remebering that they're only human too!
Love them unconditionally :smile: Actually, love my mum unconditionally, my daddy died.
Reply 11
I loves me mum and me da. Me da died so I remember nice stuff about him. And I can't call him for crossword answers anymore :bawling:

Latest

Trending

Trending