The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by electro14
Guys any ideas as to how to answer 'why you believe you are suited to the firm' questions?

Use the graduate recruitment website to find out what they look for in a candidate, and give examples of you showing that you have developed these qualities.

Also mention anyone you've spoken to at the firm/research about the firms culture or plans for the future and how this fits in with you own beliefs and goals.
Original post by LawyerTC
Have either of you guys been sent a WG or heard back post WG? Does anyone know when Weil conduct their first round interviews?

I haven't been sent the WG. Have you?
Have either of you guys been sent a WG or heard back post WG? Does anyone know when Weil conduct their first round interviews?

Looking at last year's thread there were some first round interviews early-mid August.
Original post by Chianti1
I haven't been sent the WG. Have you?

Looking at last year's thread there were some first round interviews early-mid August.

Yh I completed it on the 6th of July- was sent it a couple of days before that! Hmm I don't think I got through to the next stage it's been nearly three weeks since I completed WG
Yh I completed it on the 6th of July- was sent it a couple of days before that! Hmm I don't think I got through to the next stage it's been nearly three weeks since I completed WG

When did you submit your application?
When did you submit your application?

Mid June
Has anyone had a video interview for King & Wood Mallesons? Any advice would be much appreciated!
when doing a video interview, do guy have to wear suit, tie and shirt. or will a smart buttoned up shirt with no tie be sufficient?
For anyone doing the Norton Rose application / anyone in general - there's a section which asks for additional information about yourself and/or your experience that is relevant to the application - it is a compulsory question. It won't let me go onto the next page without filling it out. I've already answered 5 of their questions, I have nothing else to say. What do you guys think I should write in it?
Reply 989
Similarly to some recent posts I would be interested to hear from anyone who has done the Kennedys video interview
Original post by Adrianna21
For anyone doing the Norton Rose application / anyone in general - there's a section which asks for additional information about yourself and/or your experience that is relevant to the application - it is a compulsory question. It won't let me go onto the next page without filling it out. I've already answered 5 of their questions, I have nothing else to say. What do you guys think I should write in it?

I think its the perfect opportunity for you to add some 'magic' to your application :wink:
x

Weil have just finished their final scheme, so you may hear something in the next week.

Original post by J-SP
Is there anyway HL can schedule it first thing in the morning or at lunchtime?Otherwise no need to tell HR just your supervisor. You only need to tell HR if you have to take time off work to attend an interview. This can easily be done around work if needed.Whenever it is, just make sure you turn up early and leave slightly later on the day of your telephone interview.Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I might email HR and see if it's possible to wait for a slot which is after the 31st July. They seem receptive to people not being able to do the interview during the specified date, but not sure whether being on a vac scheme is a good enough reason. Not keen on doing the interview at work, since notes/prompts can be massively helpful for telephone interviews, and wouldn't be able to access them at work.

On another note, how do TC interviews, during the scheme usually work? Is there still a focus on why law? why the firm? etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
For anyone who has applied to Macfarlanes what did you put in the cover letter? Also did you lay it out in cover letter format, as if it was meant to be posted?

Furthermore, what are Travers Smith's entry requirements? I can't find them anywhere, or I'm just going blind, whilst doing these numerous applications.
Telephone interview next week for WLG&Co - anyone else for B'ham?
Original post by samantha.1991
I think its the perfect opportunity for you to add some 'magic' to your application :wink:

Aha I'm sure it is but I think I've used too much magic already
Is it suicide to mention another firm in an application form? Want to mention Dentons-Dacheng merger in various comm. awareness questions for other firms.
White & Case training contract offer!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilzoldier
White & Case training contract offer!!!

Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you applied? I was under the impression that W&C only consider apps after the 31st of July? Or did you complete a vac scheme and receive an offer? Thanks
Post-VS Stephenson Harwood TC rejection :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending