The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Invidious-
CV mail has been buggered for the last 6 hours. I want this application sent ASAP but every time I press send there's an error message. Absolutely raging right now. Is CV mail screwed up for anyone else?

Won't even let me log in! Error message every time :frown:
Original post by xcharis18
Won't even let me log in! Error message every time :frown:

Yea still down and no reply from CVmail...pretty annoying as wanted to submit tonight
What should you do when you don't know the name of the person to address a cover letter to? Have emailed the firm (Baker & McKenzie) but had no response.

Searched linkedin and came up with:

Ms Jacqui BernuzziGraduate Recruitment and Development ManagerBaker and McKenzie
Original post by -Invidious-
CV mail has been buggered for the last 6 hours. I want this application sent ASAP but every time I press send there's an error message. Absolutely raging right now. Is CV mail screwed up for anyone else?

I had similar problems with cvmail when completing a situational judgement test for Bakers.
Original post by djdg2015
Searched linkedin and came up with:

Ms Jacqui BernuzziGraduate Recruitment and Development ManagerBaker and McKenzie

Yeah that's what I'm going to go with I think, although I did see other names when I was trying to find an answer :/ Thanks!
Yeah that's what I'm going to go with I think, although I did see other names when I was trying to find an answer :/ Thanks!

Lawcareers.net lists the recruitment contact for most firms.

Applications to: Ms Jacqui Bernuzzi

So I would go with that too :smile:
Original post by ULawAJ
Lawcareers.net lists the recruitment contact for most firms.

Applications to: Ms Jacqui Bernuzzi

So I would go with that too :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by ULawAJ
I dunno if anyone else has had a Browne Jacobson interview, but be prepared for a curve ball question.

When were you invited for an interview? I'm still waiting to hear back post Watson Glazer critical thinking test.
Original post by mrinvinicble
When were you invited for an interview? I'm still waiting to hear back post Watson Glazer critical thinking test.

I got the invite on Monday and sat the interview this morning. The interviewer said they intend to short list by the 10th for assessment centres on the 17th.
Original post by J-SP
Don't assume that is always correct - it only tends to get updated once a year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops! Too late for me now, but I'll keep that in mind for the future, thanks.
Yes, I had my AC 2 weeks ago and got an offer a few days later.
Original post by ULawAJ
I got the invite on Monday and sat the interview this morning. The interviewer said they intend to short list by the 10th for assessment centres on the 17th.

Ah ok. Hope I hear some good news soon.
Original post by ULawAJ
I dunno if anyone else has had a Browne Jacobson interview, but be prepared for a curve ball question.

Was this the telephone interview, or the face to face interview?
Original post by tehforum
Was this the telephone interview, or the face to face interview?

Phone interview :smile:
Original post by ULawAJ
Phone interview :smile:

I didn't realise BJ was rolling...
Links app has been a nightmare, called up HR about my erroneously submitted application, and they said that I should just edit my profile and add my completed application to the system. I did this, but I'm not sure if my application will be 'updated'?

(This will probably only make sense to those who are familiar with the Links system)

Original post by ZaraW
Hi guys, so I've made 10 applications so far and have been rejected for 3... do you think its worth making any more applications now? Ideally I was planning on making 10 but now that I've been rejected for 3, I'm starting to worry and wonder if I should try and make a few more......

I did/am doing 3 vacation schemes at three top firms, and still applied for about 20 TCs. Some people think I'm crazy, but it just depends on what factors you take into consideration.

If out of those 10, you've got 5 MC, and then 5SC/US, with no vac schemes, then you're playing with fire.

I would try and send 3-4 between now and the deadline, if you have time.
Original post by liarpoker
Links app has been a nightmare, called up HR about my erroneously submitted application, and they said that I should just edit my profile and add my completed application to the system. I did this, but I'm not sure if my application will be 'updated'?

(This will probably only make sense to those who are familiar with the Links system)

I did/am doing 3 vacation schemes at three top firms, and still applied for about 20 TCs. Some people think I'm crazy, but it just depends on what factors you take into consideration.

If out of those 10, you've got 5 MC, and then 5SC/US, with no vac schemes, then you're playing with fire.

I would try and send 3-4 between now and the deadline, if you have time.

How did you manage to find the time to do that? I'm doing 3 too and all I've done is secure another interview. Even with interview invites, it would be extremely awkward going 'hey firm A, sorry can't come in today since I'm interviewing at firm B'. In any case now you're making me want to send off a few before the deadline haha
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Horse273
How did you manage to find the time to do that? I'm doing 3 too and all I've done is secure another interview. Even with interview invites, it would be extremely awkward going 'hey firm A, sorry can't come in today since I'm interviewing at firm B'. In any case now you're making me want to send off a few before the deadline haha

I did most of them before starting my vac schemes and just added my grades later. I've done a few on the weekends, but there was no chance of me doing that many whilst juggling vac schemes. I'm only applying to so many, because my uni marks are patchy.

I haven't massively enjoyed my vac schemes, hence why I've made TC apps in such volume. If I had done three, and loved all of them, I would be similar to you, and only apply for a few other firms. Haha, I almost had that exact problem, but was luckily able to re-arrange.

Out of interest, have you found firms to be very interested in where else you're vac-scheming, what you made of the other scheme, and so on? In one of my TC interviews (post VS) the first 5-10 minutes or so was just comparing and contrasting my vac-schemes and presumably trying to get me to dig my own grave. It just seems to crop in conversation a lot more than I'd expect.

From what I've experienced, I feel like doing anymore than maybe 3, and they almost begin to have an unintended effect on how you're viewed.You hear of people doing 4/5 vac-schemes, and I can't imagine how the line of questioning goes once the interviewer finds out..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by liarpoker
I did most of them before starting my vac schemes and just added my grades later. I've done a few on the weekends, but there was no chance of me doing that many whilst juggling vac schemes. I'm only applying to so many, because my uni marks are patchy.

I haven't massively enjoyed my vac schemes, hence why I've made TC apps in such volume. If I had done three, and loved all of them, I would be similar to you, and only apply for a few other firms. Haha, I almost had that exact problem, but was luckily able to re-arrange.

Out of interest, have you found firms to be very interested in where else you're vac-scheming, what you made of the other scheme, and so on? In one of my TC interviews (post VS) the first 5-10 minutes or so was just comparing and contrasting my vac-schemes and presumably trying to get me to dig my own grave. It just seems to crop in conversation a lot more than I'd expect.

From what I've experienced, I feel like doing anymore than maybe 3, and they almost begin to have an unintended effect on how you're viewed.You hear of people doing 4/5 vac-schemes, and I can't imagine how the line of questioning goes once the interviewer finds out..

They're definitely interested. The firms I'm VS'ing at are in the same league so to speak, so it's treading a fine line between seeming like you're sought after and coming across as someone who wouldn't take up an offer at the firm.

It's important to have a solid reason why you would choose a particular firm you're vac scheming at over the others. Those that do more than 3 tend to be US firm vac schemers (as they are 2 weeks each). In all honesty, having 3/4/5 is definitely better than having one or none, as there must be something about that candidate which got them into such a strong position.
I've woken up at 7am to send my application and CV mail still can't due to an error.

This is really unacceptable. It's been 18 or so hours now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending