The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TC007
Have you completed a telephone interview? May I ask how you know all invites have gone out? I guess thats another PFO for me!

dont want to rub salt in the wound, but did you ever get a proper rejection? I applied literally moonths ago and still havent heard anything. Now thinking its probably a no!
Original post by O'Doyle Rules
Rejected from Linklaters

Wish I spent time applying to firms less down now

I've literally heard nothing since submitting - did you get invited to any online tests?
And when did you apply if you don't mind me asking
Original post by elmmp
anyone heard from Ince & Co?

Apparently they're rolling, but I applied 5+ weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Have you gotten the test yet?
Wragge post telephone anyone?

Hill Dickinson post video & WG?

Fieldfisher post both tests?
Original post by fusion12345
I've literally heard nothing since submitting - did you get invited to any online tests?
And when did you apply if you don't mind me asking

Sent in June I think and no invite.

MC PFOs all round
Original post by LawyerTC
As anyone had a first round interview at Weil? Any advice or info would be much grateful

How did the interview go?
Reply 1386
Original post by Griffin0007
Apparently they're rolling, but I applied 5+ weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Have you gotten the test yet?

Okay, I applied 2 weeks ago so not as long as you! No, not done a test yet. Presume you have then? How was it?
Reply 1387
Original post by ULawAJ
An unexpected one you can't really prepare for. The others were standard: Why us, why you, etc :smile: Well done!

Thank you :smile: hope yours is going well. Just to clarify, one you can't prepare for, i.e. not one about yourself, but a "give me a time when..." type thing?
Original post by elmmp
Okay, I applied 2 weeks ago so not as long as you! No, not done a test yet. Presume you have then? How was it?

Nope. Figured I'd be sent the test within 2 weeks if I was successful as their turnaround was (I thought from the website) 4 weeks. Haven't had any correspondence from them though besides acknowledgement that my application was received.
Reply 1389
Original post by Griffin0007
Nope. Figured I'd be sent the test within 2 weeks if I was successful as their turnaround was (I thought from the website) 4 weeks. Haven't had any correspondence from them though besides acknowledgement that my application was received.

Yes just had the one email too. Unusual! Well I guess we're all in the same boat then...although that's entirely unhelpful.
Original post by DonnieCA
Can I ask when you both applied and to which office?

Thanks

Not those guys but I'm also looking for advice on DWF's video interview. I put the Leeds office as my first preference and Newcastle as second preference. I sent my application in around the start of June and got the invite yesterday. Would appreciate any advice as I've never had this type of interview before.
Original post by anjolao
PFO from the GLS- didn't meet the standard in the sjt :frown:

Dont worry, I got the same. I genuinely thought I aced that test - maybe they're after someone completely different?

On a different note, anyone heard from Reed Smith? They were the only firm I cared deeply about :tongue:
Original post by elmmp
Thank you :smile: hope yours is going well. Just to clarify, one you can't prepare for, i.e. not one about yourself, but a "give me a time when..." type thing?

Nah, I think you can prepare for competency questions like that just by getting used to interviews. This was really bizarre, I assume its meant to test how you react & think under pressure.
Took a quick look through this thread -- so many invitations to interview! I've been applying for 2 years and never got so far! You lucky devils - what's the secret I obviously don't know about? :tongue:
Anyone heard from Cooley ?
Anyone know what the memery crystal interview involves?
Kennedys critical thinking test invite, post video interview.
Any news from Dentons since the deadline?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!
I am new here, however have been following discussion for some time.

Has anyone heard back from Eversheds post application? I have submitted my application at the end on June and no word yet.

Many thanks.
Video interview, Irwin Mitchell BLS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending