The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by girlfromala
I think calling them would do no harm. Definitely call them
Would you mind me asking when did you submit your application?
Haven't heard anything from Dentons yet, not even a WG test invite

Hi there, I think I might wait until tomorrow and maybe call them. I don't want to be a bother if they're just working through apps. I applied Friday July 24 and got my WG invite the following Tuesday July 28. I then completed the test on 31st morning which was the last day to do so. When did you apply?
Anyone get a TLT test invitation yet today? Holding my breath after the heads up email on Friday!
Original post by usedusername
I got Denton's PFO this morning - London office. Never did a WG test either.

Sorry to hear that! I think i'm getting one too very soon.
Reply 1783
I got Denton's PFO this morning - London office. Never did a WG test either.

I'm really sorry to hear that! Now I feel like I'll get a PFO today as well damn..
Original post by tctctc
Hi there, I think I might wait until tomorrow and maybe call them. I don't want to be a bother if they're just working through apps. I applied Friday July 24 and got my WG invite the following Tuesday July 28. I then completed the test on 31st morning which was the last day to do so. When did you apply?

That was very quick! Hopefully, you'll hear good news from them

I applied on the 27th. I didn't know 31st was the last day though since my friend applied there last year on the 31st and got a WG test invite later.
Reply 1785
Original post by tctctc

I applied in March and it took them a week to get back to me after the WG, so wouldn't worry too much as they'll be much busier now. Also I'm pretty sure they only send you the WG test link if your application has been successful in the first instance, so wouldn't expect a PFO unless you didn't do great in the test - which I'm sure you did :smile:
Reply 1786
Original post by Chianti1
Do you know if that interview was post vac scheme?

No they don't have a vac scheme
Reply 1787
Original post by girlfromala
That was very quick! Hopefully, you'll hear good news from them

I applied on the 27th. I didn't know 31st was the last day though since my friend applied there last year on the 31st and got a WG test invite later.
Oh no I meant that midday on 31st was the deadline that I specifically got. I think they give you 4 days to complete it after the invite, so for sure they will keep sending out WG tests after August! good luck :smile:
Original post by tctctc
Oh no I meant that midday on 31st was the deadline that I specifically got. I think they give you 4 days to complete it after the invite, so for sure they will keep sending out WG tests after August! good luck :smile:

Oh ok, that's good since i thought i missed all the deadlines now. Good luck to you too! And in your case, no news is good news since they usually reject very quickly after the test, so i'm sure they're still considering your application!
Anyone get a TLT test invitation yet today? Holding my breath after the heads up email on Friday!

I never even got the heads up email ha! I've heard nothing since applying to the manchester office. PFO headed my way!
Anyone heard from GLS post VRT?
Reply 1791
What would you use as an example for when you had to use analytical skills? I'm stuck on how to answer this competency question!
So far I've had an AG (regional) Assessment Centre and S&M interview.

PFO's - NRF, Weightmans, DLA, CMS, A&O.

Anyone heard from; RPC (no test invite!), Irwin Mitchell, Mills & Reeve?
Original post by wanttobelawyer

What AG office was this at? When did you submit your app?
Original post by rliu
Anyone know if 70% on a Watson Glaser practice test is decent? I did it in about 15 minutes, it's the Clifford Chance practice one

I got mid 70% on the CC practice, went on to not score enough for Mills & Reeve for VS even though v. similar test so wouldn't be surprised if you need a fair bit more.
Original post by snp1234
What AG office was this at? When did you submit your app?

Leeds and early July.
DLA Piper London PFO...

Still waiting on Stephenson Harwood, Morgan Lewis & BLP.

Also, I applied to OMM for a vacation scheme in January and was rejected. Yesterday I received an email from them saying that I have been rejected for a training contract. Can you someone help me understand why I would receive this email if I had already been rejected for a vacation scheme? The same thing happened with T&H.

Thanks!
Reply 1797
Original post by wanttobelawyer

Can I ask when you applied to, and heard back from, CMS?
PFO from Farrer
I know someone has already said this means nothing, but

seems like most of you at least had some reply (PFO, test invites etc) from the firms I applied to (Farrers, Norton Rose, Reed Smith etc etc) but I have received absolutely no updates from any of them.

Its really very disconcerting-the only thing I received was a PFO from Mayer Brown and DWF =S

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending